The Queen Kapiolani is a good budget hotel in Waikiki, where hotels are can be very pricey. We flew in from San Diego for my cousin's wedding, so were looking for a place walking distance to the beach but also within our budget. We booked a standard room for $127 a night, but were upgraded to a City View room at check in. Our room 515, faced the Honolulu Zoo, Diamond Head & the pool deck. The room itself was basic but clean, which was perfect for our needs. We were only in the room to shower and sleep. The walk to the beach is less than 4 minutes and about 15 min into the heart of Waikiki. The staff is amazing and truly make you feel the aloha spirit. Valet was $25 which is a little high, but that's a pretty standard rate in Waikiki. The valet guys were quick and nice, we never waited more than 5 min for our car. Our room did over look the pool deck, which did have loud music playing on Friday night about 7:30pm but when we came back at 11pm the music was done.
I only have two complaints:
1. The water from our bathroom sink was scalding HOT! We didn't complain we just brushed our teeth in the shower.
2. The window to our room did face the balcony of other hotel rooms, which made me nervous about the guests looking into our room. We ended up tucking the curtains tight while we showered, just for peace of mind.
These two issues aren't deal breakers and the Queen Kapiolani was just what we were looking for. We will definitely be back when we need a budget friendly hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after the beloved wife of Hawaii’s last reigning King, Queen Kapiolani Hotel is conveniently located one block to the beach and near the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Waikiki Shell and Waikiki Aquarium. Most upgraded rooms feature views of Diamond Head and/or the ocean and the following FREE amenities: WiFi Internet access throughout the hotel, daily local newspaper, mini-refrigerator and coffeemaker. Additional hotel amenities include meeting and banquet facilities, pool with sun deck and restaurant with panoramic views of Diamond Head and the Pacific Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Queen Kapiolani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen Kapiolani Honolulu
- Hotel Queen Kapiolani
- Queen Kapiolani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu