“This is a Hotel with great service, Value and location.” 5 of 5 stars

Pagoda Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1525 Rycroft Street, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814   |
Ranked #67 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Lahaina, Hawaii
“This is a Hotel with great service, Value and location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We like staying here cause its close to Airport, Alamoana, and Waikiki. Its Value is pretty good for how old it is. You can walk to Beach and Shopping in minutes. I already booked 2 more stays here in Sept and Dec. On property dining is delicious and great bar.

• Stayed April 2014
Aloha Honolua13,
I thank you for your concise review! I am happy you found the service great, along with our location and value. These are the 3 points which we strive to maintain and improve the most, so it is very encouraging to hear the compliments. Hopefully soon, you will come back and love it even more!
Mahalo Nui,
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Lihue, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Love staying at the Pagoda. Have been a returning guest for many years mainly because of the very convenient location of the hotel and the surrounding shopping and eateries. I use the Pagoda for both business and personal trips.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aloha Carol F,
We are happy that you are a returnee and hope that you see that we are constantly striving to improve! We thank you for taking the time to post a review and we will be sure to welcome you back on your next trip to Honolulu.
Me Ka Ha'aha'a,
Paul Dun
Alexandria, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I was very happy with my stay at the Pagoda. The location was excellent. Walking distance to the mall, walmart, and Ross. Yes, the hotel is old. This is not the Marriott, but you are paying much less than the Marriott also and I thought the cleanliness was great. My room was very clean every, single day. I never had to ask for extra towels which is something I always have to do. The front desk staff was great. Every person in this hotel is friendly. The pool area was nice. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay again. Being able to rent movies for free and the boys could rent games for the PS3 was an added bonus. The hotel was perfect for what I needed it for, a place to sleep and shower while I explored Hawaii. Thank you for making my experience great.

• Stayed July 2014
Aloha monkeygirl32,
Mahalo nui for writing a review. Thank you for pointing out our great location, friendly staff, and the added DVDNow program we have as part of our new convenience fees. You are truly valued and we hope to serve you again soon!
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The staff at The Pagoda Hotel and also The Pagoda Restaurant provided me with excellent customer attention! What a breath of fresh local air in the midst of the changing city. Carlos and the rest of the staff at the front desk ensured my trip went perfect, thank you! If your looking to book a five star hotel, I'd recommend calling elsewhere; but if your looking to book with five star customer service, THIS IS IT! Trustworthy housekeepers, hard working maintenance crew, genuinely concerned staff, friendly food servers, add up to FIVE STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE! Mahalo no ka kokua O Honolulu!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Aloha Cynthia P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and especially for the kind words about our service!! Though we are a LITE hotel, we believe that we can still provide excellent care and service for our guests. We look forward to having you return in the very near future.
Me Ka Hau'oli,
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed at the Pagoda for two nights. I have nothing to complain about (although I did read the bad reviews before I travelled). I would not say this was the best hotel in town, but I do think the room I got was nice and cosy, but for me it was just a place to sleep and relax, after a long day exploring Honolulu, Waikiki and the island of Oahu.. The hotel is located in a residential area, but close to the shopping centers (a 10 minute walk to Ala Moana Center). If you like walking it would take about 20 minutes to reach Waikiki beach.

Room Tip: If you are an international traveller, do take note that most hotels in Hawaii (and in the U.S., I g...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Aloha Danny-Yatim,
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about the Pagoda! I am happy that you found your room to be cosy and that you wrote about our unique location. Thankfully, we have been very busy, but we do try to accommodate early arrivals when we can (usually a $35 early check-in fee applies). All of us here at the Pagoda hope to see you in our neck of the woods very soon.
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Druggies and homeless harassing me all the time. I will NEVER stay here again. The hotel also waited 6 months to notify me there was a problem with my bill. Actually that is incorrect. I wasn't notified. They just charged me 2k 6 months later. Total crooks. I recommend this place to no one. None of the local attraction shuttles will do business with this place and that should be a good indicator as to what type of establishment you are considering....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Aloha CJ Y,
Mahalo for posting a review. I apologize that we were not able to contact you for payment of the room. We were unable to contact you because the information provided by the person who booked your reservation was not your own. I do hope that you give us another chance in the future and invite you to contact me directly if you have any questions, or so that I can take care of your next stay with us personally.
Mahalo,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed. My room wasn't very clean. The rooms could use a face lift. Parking was not very convenient (although parking is cheap). No internet access. A lot of street noise. I guess next time I will pay a bit more.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Aloha Betti L,
Thank you for your review! We are renovating the rooms in the Terrace and in the Tower we are putting in next-to-new furniture in all of the rooms. We are also planning bathroom renovations and an overhaul of the lobby by the end of the year. Though we have wired internet in all rooms, we are soon going to be installing wifi in the Tower. I do hope you give us another chance in the near future.
A Hui Hou,
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Been to Pagoda Hotel? Share your experiences!