“Yuck!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Oahu, Hawaii
“Yuck!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Heed the low rating people! It's there for a reason. We stayed here for two nights when our place was being fumigated for termites and will not stay here again! For the price we paid, it's not worth it. We could've stayed at other hotels in Waikiki for a cheaper price and been within walking distance of beaches and shopping.

It's not overly expensive here but as a warning to tourists, you're probably better off paying the same amount of money or just a little more for places closer to all the attractions. This hotel is remotely located after passing a few auto dealer centers. There is a park area next to the hotel which is nice for walking. They also have a swimming pool which can get loud with all the people screaming, running, and jumping into the pool. So if you want peace and quiet, this is not the place for you.

The furnishings are basic: cheap bedding, cruddy flat carpeting, bar soap with no suds...that type of place. No other amenities, no niceties, no aloha at the front desk. Just process in and process out. For a cheaper price I would understand. For $140 a night, I expect something more.

Room Tip: First floor rooms can get noisy with people walking to the pool. Rooms have slatted windows so the n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Read a lot of pretty negative reviews for this place but we decided it was so close to the airport and the right price for us so we took the chance. After a 12hr journey from New Zealand, we arrived at Honolulu Airport and made a call using the supplied free phone and the complimentary airport shuttle was there within minutes. Check in was pleasant and friendly and we arrived at our room exhausted. Very basic room, but exactly what we needed for one night before our flight to Kauai the next morning. The pool was a welcome sight at midnight and 26 deg c, and the room was tidy and the bed comfortable. This may not be a luxury spot, but for one night, it certainly did the job and the location so close to the airport that it seemed like a good option. Free shuttle back to the airport the following morning was very appreciated and the concierge who drove us was very forthcoming with local information and a very friendly attitude. Keep your expectations realistic and the location and convenience of this place will reward.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ok, we "won" the bid on hotwire for $99. The Motel (not inn as they suggest) is near the airport its only advantage as we just spent 10 hours in the air and we were leaving for Maui the next morning.. Rooms are out of the 50's. Double beds etc. We would not venture out of the room after dark.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything is basically in the title: the room was a bit old and needed refurbishment, the staff was not always friendly, and I ended up by paying c. 120$. So a good choice, but only if you're between planes, I wouldn't stay more than a night...

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just got back from a 5 night Stay at this property.Only thing this Property has going for it was location to airport.If you want sleep forget about it at this place very noisy walls paper thin.Front Desk Staff very unfriendly felt like I was putting them out when I needed something.My Wife & I have travelled ali over the World and this is the First time I'm compelled to write a negative review.

Room Tip: Unless it's a One Night Lay over don't stay at this place.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gulf Breeze, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I spent a week here alone and the staff was extremely nice. There were no other rooms to be found on the island due to the Chinese New Year. Its old but my room was clean and my first room's AC broke and they moved me immediately, offering to move it all for me. They made me feel safe and they had coffee in the lobby. There are a couple of quick marts at the end of one street, just a few hundred feet away.

The ride to and from the airport was quick and friendly. They even carried me to my rental car on my second day there.

The restaurant on the grounds was passable - always busy. Yes its in an industrial area and yes it costs more than mainland motels. It felt like Grandma's place.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms cost more and there is no elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I read the reviews here before booking. We had to stay over one night between travelling from Big Island to Australia. I reluctantly booked this and lowered my expectation level to zero.

On arrival the staff were very friendly and they had free wifi. The room was simple but clean. The bathroom was clean. I can compare this to a clean Motel 6 room. This was perfect for a one night stay over but don't book this as a holiday destination as it really is just a transit hotel.

We ate before we arrived as I read from previous reviews that there is only one Chinese restaurant nearby. The Motel has a bar but no food.

They offer a free shuttle service which was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pacific Marina Inn Airport? Share your experiences!