“Vary Bad” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Maple Valley, Washington
“Vary Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The picture on the web is very misleading. My daughter and I got there early as our flight was an early flight. The desk clerk was a very rude man. He said we still had to wait until 3:00PM to get into a room even though there were plenty available. Then there were about seven police cars outside of one room as my daughter and I were going to walk at least two blocks to catch a city bus. I went back and told the desk clerk that I need a ride back to the airport since I was not going to stay in a place like that with my daughter. He was going to charge me for the whole nights stay even though I had never even checked in. I argued and he still charged me $50.00. The woman who drove the van was very nice but that is the only positive about the whole place. I went to Best Western and they let us check in right away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I arrived in Honolulu after an unexpected stay in Narita and needed to find a room for 2 days for 3 people, which is how I ended up at Pacific Marina. My girlfriend and I found a kiosk at the airport and phoned in to make reservations. The staff was extremely fast and very friendly. I havent read the other reviews on this site, so I'm writing this only from my perspective.

The first day we arrived, we were picked up about 15 minutes after we made reservations and made it back to the hotel in about 10 more minutes. The proximity to the airport, along with the free shuttle to and from the hotel were a major plus. Almost zero traffic coming or going. We were able to check in about half an hour earlier than usual and made it to our room with no problem. Inside, the room was clean and we were able to access the free Shakanet with no problems and a decent speed. TV also had a lot of channels that kept my mom entertained. There were plenty of toiletries and overall, for both nights, the property was quiet especially for being so close to the airport.

On the day we checked out, we had the last flight out of the day but check out time was noon. We wanted to see more of Oahu rather than spend several hours at the airport and they staff helped us our yet again by telling us where to go, what bus to take, and best of all they helped us store all our luggage so we didnt have to worry about it (this was the biggest help to us, as we were traveling internationally and had about 10 bags, checked and carry on, total).

Conclusions: the room itself isnt anything spectacular, but the price also was too bad for 3 people. What made this place great were the people working there. Extremely helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Pacific Marina Inn is a stones throw from HNL Airport. When I landed I called the front desk and after asking who I was, they sent their yellow van to pick me up, the woman driver was friendly and helpful. So much for the good points.

I was given a ground floor room right next to the parking lot. So I had people walking past my door and sometimes brushing against it at all hours. The "furniture" in the room, looked like it came with the building when it was built. I heard a commotion at one point, peeked out the circa early 1960's window and saw a man laughing it up with what appeared to be ladies of the evening. My room was tiny and with the fan on the ceiling had the feeling I was Martin Sheen in the famous hotel room scene in Apocalypse Now.

For a quick night where you have to be extremely close to the airport it will do, but this is not the place you want to stay for your full Honolulu vacation.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Bad experience. Poor desk service. The man at the desk was super rude and unhelpful. The airport shuttles ladies are nice though. The rooms are clean but the energy was not conducive and you just want to not stay in the room. If not desperate, please look for other options!

• Stayed August 2012
Lakewood, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was traveling on business and needed to be not far from Honolulu airport, so I decided to try out the Pacific Marina Inn.

As others have indicated, the bedrooms and bathrooms are small, but not more so than most low-priced hotels in Honolulu. (I've seen smaller.) The hotel itself could use a bit of updating, but I've spent more to stay in similar places in Waikiki. The free wi-fi was reasonably fast and the desk staff was pleasant and efficient.

My main complaint was the minimal amount of parking--I had to park on the street one night.

All in all, I would use this hotel again for a similar trip but not if I were going to Hawaii for pleasure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We needed a place to stay for our connecting flight next day. We were picked up by a friendly shuttle driver at the airport with little wait. Office staff were friendly. If you are looking for a big fancy hotel in a resort, this is not the place. It was clean and quiet. It accommodated four adults in three beds. Two beds in one room and a queen in a separate room. Nice restaurant next door at very reasonable prices. It is hidden in an industrial area, our sons took the bus to Waikiki. But an older historical clean place between connecting flights - ok. Sight of the new "Hawaii Five O" movie setting of some scenes

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We got in late from the airport. There was no parking whatsoever. We drove through the hotel's parking lot multiple times and each time, there were some scary gentlemen waiting around, approaching some cars as they drove up, handing goods over in exchange for something else. If it weren't so late, I would have gone elsewhere to stay the night. Finally found a parking spot, and made it up to our room. The room was decent: the bathroom was fairly clean, given its dilapidated condition. We checked out early the next morning. The grounds are clean, pretty planters and floral arrangements. The staff were very friendly. Wouldn't stay here again though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Marina Inn Airport? Share your experiences!