“Overnight Stay” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2628 Waiwai Loop, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96819   |
Ranked #81 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
“Overnight Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We needed a place to stay for our connecting flight next day. We were picked up by a friendly shuttle driver at the airport with little wait. Office staff were friendly. If you are looking for a big fancy hotel in a resort, this is not the place. It was clean and quiet. It accommodated four adults in three beds. Two beds in one room and a queen in a separate room. Nice restaurant next door at very reasonable prices. It is hidden in an industrial area, our sons took the bus to Waikiki. But an older historical clean place between connecting flights - ok. Sight of the new "Hawaii Five O" movie setting of some scenes

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We got in late from the airport. There was no parking whatsoever. We drove through the hotel's parking lot multiple times and each time, there were some scary gentlemen waiting around, approaching some cars as they drove up, handing goods over in exchange for something else. If it weren't so late, I would have gone elsewhere to stay the night. Finally found a parking spot, and made it up to our room. The room was decent: the bathroom was fairly clean, given its dilapidated condition. We checked out early the next morning. The grounds are clean, pretty planters and floral arrangements. The staff were very friendly. Wouldn't stay here again though.

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We rented this room only for the purposes of leaving our luggage in the room while going to Pearl Harbor. We were almost too afraid to leave our dirty clothes in the room. The Ice Cream Vending machine sits near a vending machine with items that you may want if you are renting a room by the hour. The bathroom was less clean than the dirtiest truckstop I have ever seen. The front desk was polite and helpful. That is the best I can say. If you want a cheap room - this is it, if you want a clean cheap room somewhat safe, keep looking. Desperation should play a role in booking this hotel...

Room Tip: take sanitizer to open the door!!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I booked this hotel as I had flown from the UK via La and after a 25 hour flight need a place to crash for the night before going on to my final hotel in Oahu.
This hotel was perfect for that. It is not far outside Honolulu and while you could use it for a base for your holiday it make a perfect stop off for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here one night when we got in a 9 PM and were leaving at 10 AM the next morning. We called for the shuttle bus on the cell phone when we arrived and they told us exactly where to meet them and what color van they would have. We thanked the driver for coming out so late to get us and he said they see themselves as an airport hotel and they must have the shuttle to have satisfied guests.

Our room was clean. It was very basic. We were on the ground floor by the pool and there was no traffic noise. I would never recommend someone stay for a week. But it was great for what we wanted...clean and close to the airport. We woke up early since our bodies were on another time zone. There was free coffee available in the office but at that time of early morning I had to try 3 doors to find an open one. I went back for coffee 6 or 7 times. I sat out by the swimming pool to drink the coffee and it was very pleasant. There were lots of flowers in bloom and it was clean and neat. A nice quiet place to sit and read and drink coffee.

We went to the airport early to get through security and get some breakfast. At the motel there are lots of vending machines. There are no restaurants in the area. The shuttle carried us back to the airport in 10 minutes and we were on our way.

Room Tip: We were on the pool side and had no traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

We had a stop over on way to Maui, we weren't expecting much so were quite surprised that the rooms were clean & bed comfortable. I wouldn't want to stay here longer than 1 night as it isn't close to anything. We thought the Chinese restaurant next door was great! & free shuttle service was fantastic.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 3 days. Unfortunately I left my Kindle sitting on the bed when I checked out. It took 2 days of calling the hotel to get anyone to even admit they had my Kindle. I kept being told they didn't find it. Then the manager finally said yes they had it and I made arrangements to pick it up. He then asked me to please write a nice review of the hotel once I got my Kindle back. Well..... I got it back and it was ruined. I don't know what they did to it but it's definitely broken and the managers response was that I couldn't prove they ruined it. So I'm not real happy.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Marina Inn Airport? Share your experiences!