“Our Stay at Outrigger Reef” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Santa Clara, California
“Our Stay at Outrigger Reef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've found this place thru Trip Advisor and glad I booked this place. We stayed from 3/6 - 3/11.

We stayed at room 844 (1 king bed partial ocean view) and this is located right in front of the elevator ( I didn't mind at all).
Shower - pretty powerful it really hurts (no kidding seriously the water pressure is high). I didn't complain about it because it helps me clean my hair :D
Mini Fridge - nice to have for drinks
Coffee Maker - used only once lol there is a starbucks on the property and it opens at 4:30am
TV -32" screen and not digital :(
Drawers - spacious
Closet - Spacious
Carpet - very clean :)
Bed - comfortable with 5 pillows!
Lounge chair - cool one
AC - works great
Elevator - must insert your room card key to use
Location - great for everything including public transportaions (we used buses a lot $2.50 per and dont forget to get the transfer ticket from the driver.)
Oh BTW, there is no iphone charge station... pls bring your own cell phone chargers!

our 2nd night til end of our trip was a disaster from room 845 :( young Japanese kids started singing, yelling, talking hella loud and we woke up every night at 1:20AM because of them. Complained 2 nights straights security took care of the situations but they never stopped banging the door and ice machine doors in the hall way :( that was their way of getting back at us on the 3rd night) Wish hotel personnel moved us to different room but oh wells.
The wall is THIN... I can hear them walking... chatting... etc.

The beach is right in front of the hotel. I liked it. Visited both restaurant on the different nights - service is wonderful :D When the waiter spilled my wine by accident, he bought me more even though I didn't ask at all (It was a very tiny spill but THANK YOU sir)

I think this property is good for everyone. If we are coming back, I would LOVE to stay here again. Thank you AAA for the wonderful savings :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (906)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in September 2012 for 5 nights.
Rooms are not 5 star luxury but are a good size, clean and great value for money for a hotel right in Waikiki Beach. All the action in Waikiki is right on your doorstep and there is a Starbucks on site which I think opens at 5am. Also buses to the AlaMoana Centre are only a 2 minute walk away. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have just come back from Waikiki where my sisters and myself had a wonderful time, the location was fantastic.The oceanfront room on the 10th floor was spectacular.
The staff were pleasant and helpful.There was one small incident in the Hula grill one night with a waiter, but the manager was able to deal with it promptly and to everyones satisfaction.I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We vacationed with extended family so we actually had 3 rooms reserved for 9 people. Each & everyone of us were very pleased with the hotel. We were on the 3rd floor in a corner room (335 I think) & the view was of the valet roof & the Trump hotel so not the greatest but we weren't paying for it either. The room was VERY large though for 4 of us so that was great! It is also VERY noisy in the morning so if you like to sleep in, ask for a different location. Housekeeping was the BEST & the room was VERY clean! The time share people did get a little annoying but we just blew them off. The elevators were very fast however 2 of the 3 elevators broke one evening but I think they were only down for a couple of hours.
Overall for the price we woud ALL stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here in January 2013 and loved it. The service for such a large hotel was really very good. Having Dukes in the hotel was a bonus. The proximity to everything such as beach, shops and restaurants was a great. We loved staying at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach and hope to return one day soon.

Room Tip: Request Ocean Front rooms. These have lovely views and will make your stay memorable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here from March 2nd - 4th at the begining of our trip in Hawai'i. Our room was nice enough and the hotel had a great location near the beach with a wonderful pool area and two nice outdoor bars. Essentially I would clasiffy this as an upscale hotel in a good location but one thing happened that we prevent me from ever coming back here or recommending this place.
On my second night here I approached the concierge to ask for some basic info about Pearl Harbor. The desk was titled "concierge" but little did I know that these were just some people who were there to insult the customer and barrage you about Wyndham. How did they insult me? The staff insulted my intelligence by telling me I needed to book a ticket a week in advance if I wanted to go to Pearl Harbor or show up at 5am. I quickly looked this up on my phone and was able to reserve tickets for the next day right then and there. I.E - These concierges are getting paid, yet they were not willing to help me. Instead they proceeded to harass me to go to a Wyndham breakfast the next morning instead of Pearl Harbor. Are you for serious? I was dissapointed with this - having a hospitality background - how UN-helpful they were. They caused me unnecessary stress during my vacation - and for that reason, I would not recommend the property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Holliston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was recently rennovated and the rooms were beautiful and clean. Loved the bedding and the decor. The bathroom had a frosted glass door so you could get some light from the special night light to find your way. The walk-in seamless glass shower was perfect. Plenty of towels, pillows (we usually have to ask for extras). Overlooked the pool area from the 14th floor and could see the ocean in the distance. The location was perfect as it was right at the beginning of beachwalk with restaurants and shops nearby. Next to a large park where my husband enjoyed taking his daily walk all around Honolulu. At night the streets were lit with gas torches and it was spectacular. Waikiki Beach at that end does not have very deep sand frontage, but we enjoyed sitting in the open air restaurant right on the beachfront, watching the surfers and swimmers and Diamondhead. There is a walkway across the beach near the hotels that allows you to check out other hotels. We did take advantage of the great buffet breakfast and the special 50% off the 2nd meal. We were not approached at all by Wyndham and did not feel any of that pressure. The lobby was great for people watching and listening to the band at night. Check-in was super easy and fast while sitting at a desk with the hotel reservation people. Checked out the shops in the lobby and bought water there for our day trips. We did rent a car one day and travelled up the leeward side to see what life was like out of the tourist scene. Spent a few hours at Hilo Hattie's buying shirts and dresses. Ate on the road at the shrimp truck and it was fun! Visited Pearl Harbor and that was a must see attraction. Rented the audio head sets and enjoyed using them. Definitely a must to rent a car and get away from the city for a day. This was the first stop on a 3 island visit and would really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room higher up so you don't hear pool or restaurant noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort? Share your experiences!