“A wonderful experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
midlands
“A wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Originally, we wanted to book the other Outrigger, so happy it changed to the reef. Perfection and as near as I will ever get to paradise. Staff are so helpful and pleasant, hotel is in a magic location and the room was good. I could rave on for ages but rather than that let me just say, if you're thinking about going, just DO IT! And I hope you have the marvellous time we did.
Would I go back? Too right I would, just got to Ebay a kidney and one arm........

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,035)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a partial ocean view room for 7 nights and couldn't have asked for more. The room itself was spacious and very comfortable with all the required amenity. Sitting on the balcony for beer o'clock after a hard day touring or shopping over looking both the pool area and beach is a nice way to relax.
With happy hour from noon to 5pm, both casual and more formal dining, being able to walk straight onto the beach, & a short stroll to local restaurants and the main street the hotel has everything.
And as you would expect from an Outrigger the service is hard to fault. Highly recommended.

Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We decided to spurge our last 4 nights in Hawaii, and booked a 'partial-ocean' view room. We wanted to be right on the beach to make the most of the 'beach experience' our last few days.

We're very glad we didn't stay a few blocks from the beach, it was nice not to have to lug our beach bags far - the walk along the beach front to a spot we liked outside dukes restaurant was far enough, but at least that walk has ocean views :). The beach outside the hotel was just ok, quite small, and not as much atmosphere as by Dukes. We didn't bother with the $$$$ hire of umbrellas/chairs, just took towels from the swimming pool area and wore hats. The ABC stores around every corner have umbrellas if you really want, a much cheaper option.

One morning I got up and sunrise with my camera gear to shoot the sunrise from the Hilton Hawaiin hotel lagoon. FYI it rises BEHIND the hotel not over diamond head!!! It was still a lovely time of morning to have the beach to myself and the exercisers :) It was about a 10 minute walk along the beach path, but I'm glad we weren't staying at that hotel, as from the outrigger it was already a 10-15 minute walk to the heart of the shops as far as the internatlional market place (which to us felt like being in China, all the 'crappy' souveniers!).

But the ocean view definately wasn't worth it LOL, but I can't say if a city facing room would be noisy like some others have commented, our room was so quiet. It was nice to look over the balcony as the live evening entertainment started (it didn't go late through), but I think we'd risk a city view room the next time and save the $$.

We ate at the 'cook your own meat' restaurant downstairs one night, it was a bit of fun and the buffet salad was good. We didn't have breakfast included, so we walked to Dukes each morning and enjoyed a huge buffet breakfast, definately a good trip advisor recommendation! Their dinners were also reasonable value and quality.

Room Tip: After you book, contact the hotel directly to try and secure a queen bed room. We booked through Hot...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Another perfect stay at the Reef. There remodel is done and the place is beautiful There staff was awesome Thank you Outrigger. I have vitiated Hawaii 20 or so times. Except for a few times, I have always stayed at The Reef. I can't get myself to go anywhere else. Everything from the Resturants, rooms, pool was perfect. The Shorebird has always been my favorite Resturant for breakfast and dinner. Keep it up Outrigger and thank you again

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My Mom & dad used to take my family here when I was young, I have stayed here multiple times over my life, and this time I was lucky enough to take my own kids. The recent renovations have truly updated the Outrigger Reef on the Beach very nicely, an outstanding hotel 100% The staff is always friendly, and valet parking is definitely a must do. The breakfast's served in room service are just about heavenly every time! The consistency of great food here over the years is absolutely mention-able to say the least! Now there is a Starbucks in the entry lobby and LOVE IT! The check in process is fantastic and flawless. The room we had was Ocean View and we truly enjoyed the marvelous sunrise's over Diamondhead and the surfers out by 6 am waiting for the right waves to take! We dined at the Ocean House Restaurant at Sunset, and saw the most amazing sunset as the restaurant lifted the sun screen just beforehand, just AMAZING!! The drinks here were outstanding, and the Seafood Lau Lau was nothing short of perfection, Jason was our server and was outstanding, the desert was fabulous as well, if you like amazing seafood and steak sitting on Waikiki beach for a sunset you'll never forget, pick this place and call ahead for Waikiki beach seating, you'll never forget the experience.
The Shorebird is a fave and always a wonderfully fun and good eating experience.
The live music played every night by the pool and grille really added to the Aloha ambiance, FANTASTIC and WELL DONE! KUDOS TO Outrigger Reef on the Beach!!

Room Tip: Ocean Views are worth the extra cost, no doubt! The sunrise over Diamondhead is spectacular!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This hotel on Waikiki Beach is conveniently located to possibly the best view on the Beach and a block or so from a World Class shopping district. The staff was courteous and professional and the checking/out process was quite fluid. Valet parking is a must and the turnaround time was minimal.

The restaurants and lounge where very relaxing with private dining offerings broad and reasonable for the area. This is my lodging of choice for this island for future visits.

connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The reason you picked this hotel is probably because of it's excellent location, and not because it is 6 stars. With that being said, this is a very nice hotel with great rooms, clean public areas, and friendly staff. The beach is attached to the hotel, and you are within walking distance of all the shops in the Waikiki area. The rooms are large enough, clean, and have comfortable beds. That's all I could ask for in a hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ocean View Tower is the best in my opinion.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort? Share your experiences!