I was very surprised with our accommodations. We have been traveling to Hawaii for over 30 years and have stayed at a variety of places and price ranges in Waikiki (Hilton Hawaiian Village, IIlikai Suites, Hyatt Regency, etc). However, this was to be a budget trip due to our traveling companions requirements.
We booked early and paid extra for the one bedroom suite on one of the top floors. Yes, the furniture is dated (It reminded me of early 70's bamboo white inspired motif). However, the king bedroom was large and the living room had a round table, sofa, some chairs, a small kitchen area with microwave, refrigerator, and an electric skillet. There were lanais that faced the mountains and the ocean. There was view of the ocean between the Hyatt's two towers. I was anticipating the much discussed small bathroom. However, in this unit there was a shower over the tub and enough room. After all, this is a moderate priced hotel.
Housekeepers were excellent. We did not use the air conditioning. There was a small table on the good sized lanai.
We ate out most meals. There is a clean, friendly, fast serving Denny's about a block and one half away. It has the regular budget menu. Coffee is $1 with an AARP card. The AARP card also gives you 20% discount during certain evening hours.
I would return. It is a central located clean hotel. We paid about $160 per night and this was well worth the cost. It is easy walking to most of Waikiki, with buses and trolley stops nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to OHANA Waikiki East. Located in central Waikiki at Kuhio and Kaiulani Avenues, this Waikiki hotel is just a 7-minute stroll to Waikiki Beach and one block from Kalakaua Avenue’s shopping and entertainment. OHANA Waikiki East provides safe, clean and well maintained mid-level accommodation proudly supported by long serving hosts; many who have been with the Outrigger family for over thirty years. OHANA Waikiki East is unlike beachfront resorts where you may choose to spend your time indoors. Rather, it is an enjoyable home base for your Island adventures. Early surf, mornings on the beach Retail therapy, afternoon cocktails beachside Sublime dining, evenings of Island entertainment Enjoy Waikiki! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your OHANA Waikiki East Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana East Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana East Honolulu
- OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu