We love Hyatt hotels. We usually stay at the Regency Resort, but decided to stay at this newly renovated Hyatt Place since we could save a bundle of money.
This is a hotel not a resort. It's important to understand that you won't have a resort fee here which can add up to over $150 for the week at most resorts. That saved us a bundle. Waikiki has a lot to offer as far as food, spas and beach access within a short walk( 2-10minutes) that we didn't feel we missed anything by opting to stay at this hotel over a huge resort.
The room was very clean and new! No mold or beat up furniture. The bed was super comfortable and the pillows were perfect just like our favorite Hyatt Regency Resorts. Our room was on the small side, but perfect for a couple and we don't stay in the room for much other than sleeping anyway. There is no bathtub, only a shower which worked fine for us. We got the City View room which ended up being a very obstructed ocean view. The decor and room styling is very modern, but warm and comfy.
The patio faced an apartment which would have been a problem if we could use the balcony and chairs, but it was so noisy when we opened the doors. This is not just this hotel so I don't see it as a negative. Waikiki is a loud place and you can't really escape it! I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Waikiki and it was the same thing.
The room was always cleaned and clean towels were replenished. The front desk is friendly and welcoming and happy to serve you in any way possible. The bar was surprisingly well used and although we didn't have a drink, people seemed to be enjoying them self and conversation with the bartender.
My husband and I thought it was good. It wasn't an outstanding 5 star breakfast, but it was really tasty and they had some good options including yogurt, fruit, pastries, cereal, miso soup, rice, bagels, English muffins and two different hot options each day. The photos on their website of the breakfast sandwich don't do them justice, they taste amazing!!! It's a free breakfast, your wallet will enjoy this in Waikiki! It's also easy to just get your day started and get going especially when you have a tour and can't wait at a restaurant. Overall It was well worth having!!
The only reason I give it a 4 star. It's a nice stroll down to the beach which is a 2 minute walk. It's a calm swimmable spot. Very nice. However, it's kind of a long walk to the main shopping and popular dinner spots. It isn't an ocean front resort and doesn't claim to be, but after a few days we felt the walk began to get a little tiring. Wouldn't make or break a stay, but something to consider.
There is a parking garage with in and out rights caddy corner from this hotel. It's $80 for the week. Hyatt parking can fill up so it's a good option.
There is an ABC store a block down, a board rental spot across the street in the Marriot and a nice place for dinner at the end of the block overlooking the beach.
We only had to wait for the elevator once or twice, but never more than a 2 minute wait. Not a problem at all.
Free wi-fi was fast and there is a convenient wi-fi station where you can use the computers and printer so you don't have to bring your own.
Pool was small, but not a lot of people use it so you may have it to yourself. it's super clean and they have chairs and towels. You can take the towels down to the beach as well.
Overall, it's a great hotel and we really enjoyed our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel especially to those who travel on a budget, but like the same quality of service, comfort and cleanliness that you would get at a larger resort.
Good job Hyatt Place for living up to Hyatt Regency Resort standards!
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Resort Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach, the 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and oatmeal, and Asian specialties. New Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7 with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads & more. Intimate Bakery Cafe serves Starbucks® specialty coffees & teas, premium beers, wines & cocktails. Signature cocktails include: Mai Tai, Pina Coloda or Mojito. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit® fitness center with Life Fitness® cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $18 daily fee. Valet parking: $28 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.