As first sight the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a really nice family hotel.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
My partner and I stayed at the king sea view room (level 15) in June 13, our room had a good size for both of us, the bathroom and room's furniture looked quite new and funky; the bed was really comfy.
I heard that is better to stay at a high level (if you can pay the difference) in order to get a quieter stay, as some rooms on level 3 to 6, face the pool side where breakfast and food are served.
The hotel has a good price because it does not have many fancy services. For instance, there is no menu for room services; or minibar.
At the hotel there is only two small lifts to take you to your room so in pick times you may need to wait a little bit longer to get in ;)
The hotel provides you with a complimentary hot/cold breakfast at the pool (level 3), the breakfast it's basic and somehow it makes you feel at the school canteen, however the pastries offered are very nice.
The location is really good, it's opposite to the Marriott and just a 5 min walking distance to Waikiki beach.
In summary, I got a really positive experience and I will not hesitate to choose it again, although it's not a place for romantic getaways it's definitely a really nice clean modern hotel, located in a good spot in Waikiki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach, the 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and oatmeal, and Asian specialties. New Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7 with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads & more. Intimate Bakery Cafe serves Starbucks(R) specialty coffees & teas, premium beers, wines & cocktails. Signature cocktails include: Mai Tai, Pina Coloda or Mojito. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu