Okay, first let me say that I am a huge fan of Hyatts. I find Hyatt's customer service to always be top notch and the customer service at the Hyatt Place lived up to my expectations. I stay in them as often as I can. I saved up enough points to qualify for a free stay here so I figured why not. Here's why not:
This hotel seems to be an old Holiday Inn or something similar with a Hyatt sign slapped on the front. The rooms, while "updated" still feel more motel-ish than hotel-ish. The walls and windows are paper thin and the noise level in the room was pretty high. We could hear everyone in the hallways as well as street noise below. Granted, there were a ton of young people staying there when I was there. The AC and refrigerator made loud noises too. All of this prevented us from getting a good night's sleep, which is extremely important to me when travelling. I will say that the bed was very comfortable. I am also a platinum passport member and I did not receive any options to upgrade.
The free breakfast was awful. Cold "egg" sandwiches were gross. I guess if you just want cereal or something quick, it's a nice convenient option. Even my teenage boy who is always hungry passed on the breakfast after the first day. The coffee was good and they did have to go cups. The fruit was good also. The breakfast eating area by the pool was pretty dismal too. There was nothing nice about it at all. The pool itself was tiny and not somewhere I would want to lounge. The location, while only a couple of blocks away from the main strip and the beach, felt just a little seedy to me. Honestly, for about $100 more a night, you can stay at the Regency and be treated like royalty. Which is what we opted to do after two nights...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach, the 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and oatmeal, and Asian specialties. New Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7 with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads & more. Intimate Bakery Cafe serves Starbucks(R) specialty coffees & teas, premium beers, wines & cocktails. Signature cocktails include: Mai Tai, Pina Coloda or Mojito. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu