We have just returned from 3 days in Hawaii, as the tail end of an 18 night cruise from Sydney.
The Hotel is well placed (about 2 streets from the actual beach) and well serviced by bus and trolley stops. The rooms themselves are excellent, well at the high end of the scale. The bed was comfortable and king size.
Their is no mini bar (not needed by us) and the shower was good (even if missing the bits to stop the water leaking out of the door !) There is a pool on the 3rd floor, that also serves as the breakfast area. Wifi is free and available throughout the building (letting us catch up after 18 days at sea).
The staff seem very unhappy and completely non customer interactive. We had very little conversation that was not related directly to work.
The Bar / food area took 20 minutes to provide a basic burger (that seemed to be made on 2 week old bread) and followed the first meal by 10 minutes....
Breakfast had to be shared with pidgeons, who seem to infest the dining area. You need to have breakfast with two poeple, one to fend them off while the other eats - if you can eat the dried up offerings. The daily waffles and other bread based options were in-edible. The fruit was nearly all pineapple (you had to be up early to find the few pieces of watermelon or other items). Coffee was the best option.
Apart from eating and drinking, this hotel is a very pleasant stay (lol).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach, the 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and oatmeal, and Asian specialties. New Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7 with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads & more. Intimate Bakery Cafe serves Starbucks(R) specialty coffees & teas, premium beers, wines & cocktails. Signature cocktails include: Mai Tai, Pina Coloda or Mojito. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu