I did a lot of research for this trip trying to find a place for me and my husband, my college age daughter and my pre-teen nephew. I am also in the travel service industry. I've stayed in 5-6 different hotels during our recent Hawaii trips. This was the best!
We didn't want to get two rooms, wanted a decent view, wanted to be close to the beach and wanted separate beds for the kids. I researched on Trip Advisor, Yelp, etc., but ended up booking directly with the hotel for the best price which turned out to be with AAA. We got a Deluxe Ocean Queen. It had 2 queen beds and a full pull out sofa bed.
The rooms were newly renovated and nice. There was a small refrigerator for snacks, water and soda. Wireless Internet is free! No annoying resort fee either. Staff was super, super friendly.
Complimentary breakfast bar 6:30-9:30am daily. It consisted of breakfast sandwiches, waffles/pancakes, fresh fruit (usually a mix of pineapple and melon), yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, cottage cheese, granola, toast, bagels, orange juice, milk, apple juice, tomato juice, water, coffee and tea. Can get really busy depending on when you go. There is a wood tray in each room that some families brought down to take food back to their rooms.
There are free computers for use in the lobby. Printing is also free if you need to print out boarding passes or tickets purchased online.
Beach and pool towels down in a cabinet by the pool. No hassle, just grabbed as many as we needed.
Lobby is totally open, but you need a room key to get up to the rooms. Safes are in each room as well. Felt very secure.
Only downside is valet parking at $28/day. This is pretty normal for Waikiki though. The valet guys are super nice and earn their money. There is self parking diagonally across the street for $17-18, at the Banyan, but is very crowded and hard to park in. We ended up parking at the Hyatt. Like I said, this was the ONLY downside.
This is a great place for families, especially if you don't fit into the 2-queen hotel room model.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach, the 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and oatmeal, and Asian specialties. New Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7 with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads & more. Intimate Bakery Cafe serves Starbucks(R) specialty coffees & teas, premium beers, wines & cocktails. Signature cocktails include: Mai Tai, Pina Coloda or Mojito. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu