We traveled to Oahu in June 2012. This hotel had just completed renovation in April so we were able to secure a very attractive rate for our room. We were very impressed with the staff and renovations throughout the hotel and our room. The room, although small was warm and inviting (you'll go home wishing your bedroom had a bed as comfortable The Hyatt Place.) The view wasn't great but we didn't pay for that so no love lost there.
The free full breakfast was great... and did I say free? That's worth at least 20 dollars a day for two people in Oahu, can't beat that. However, the location of the breakfast area on the 3rd floor left a little to be desired. It was always very windy and therefore usually a mess during breakfast with juice and food scattered throughout which the wind blew while people were eating. Not unbearable.
The location was good, very close to the Waikiki Beach, Kapiolani Park and Waikiki Zoo. There is also a public parking garage right on the corner opposite of the hotel where you can park for 10 dollars a day. 60 per week. This was awesome considering that parking is generally 20+ dollars a day in most parts of Waikiki.
Overall, this hotel is a great value in a good location with convenient access to cheap parking. You'll be more than satisfied with your stay if you don't expect 5 star accommodations for 3.5 star pricing. We will happily stay at The Hyatt Place during our next trip to Waikiki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach, the 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and oatmeal, and Asian specialties. New Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7 with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads & more. Intimate Bakery Cafe serves Starbucks(R) specialty coffees & teas, premium beers, wines & cocktails. Signature cocktails include: Mai Tai, Pina Coloda or Mojito. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu