We spent six weeks at this hotel in the summer. Location is excellent, just two small blocks back from the beach, barely a 5 minute walk to the beach and surf hire.
As this hotel is not on the sea front, the ocean view is somewhat limited but if this does not matter then you save a substantial amount of money compared to establishments in more prime locations.
There appears to be two parts to the hotel building and I don't know how much the rooms differ. We stayed in a deluxe ocean view room which was quite spacious and very comfortable. The hotel had been recently renovated so it felt new and contemporary.
We only have one moan and that was the wifi in the room could be a bit unpredictable - seemed to work well in the corridors though!
It was the staff that made our stay very memorable. The staff servicing the rooms were incredibly attentive, our room was kept immaculate.
The kitchen staff were just so so lovely and friendly, you certainly started the day with aloha :D !
Would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach, the 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and oatmeal, and Asian specialties. New Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7 with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads & more. Intimate Bakery Cafe serves Starbucks(R) specialty coffees & teas, premium beers, wines & cocktails. Signature cocktails include: Mai Tai, Pina Coloda or Mojito. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu