“Great Location and brilliant staff” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Great Location and brilliant staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We spent six weeks at this hotel in the summer. Location is excellent, just two small blocks back from the beach, barely a 5 minute walk to the beach and surf hire.

As this hotel is not on the sea front, the ocean view is somewhat limited but if this does not matter then you save a substantial amount of money compared to establishments in more prime locations.
There appears to be two parts to the hotel building and I don't know how much the rooms differ. We stayed in a deluxe ocean view room which was quite spacious and very comfortable. The hotel had been recently renovated so it felt new and contemporary.

We only have one moan and that was the wifi in the room could be a bit unpredictable - seemed to work well in the corridors though!

It was the staff that made our stay very memorable. The staff servicing the rooms were incredibly attentive, our room was kept immaculate.
The kitchen staff were just so so lovely and friendly, you certainly started the day with aloha :D !

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
KokuaHospitality, Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Guest Services Team at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Aloha Izzy31,
Mahalo for your review. We are very impressed to hear that you stayed six weeks with us! Allow us to apologize if the WiFi in your guest room was somewhat unpredictable, but this issue has since been resolved. Our friendly staff, affordable rates, and immaculate guest rooms makes us one of the best values in Honolulu. It would be a pleasure to serve you again soon.
Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Guest Services Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed in hotel for 15 nights. Got room on 10th floor. Big LCD TV. Breakfast ok, didn't eat much. Birds at breakfast are problem, but they're problem everywhere in Waikiki.
Staff friendly and very helpful. Nice small fitness. Loved complimentary wifi in the rooms.
I would go back next time.

Room Tip: Ask for recently remodelled room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great location, amazingly thoughtful service, a wonderful room...well, just go there.
We stayed 4 nights in the Hyatt Place and absolutely loved it. The room had a nice ocean view (across the tops of a couple buildings, but still nice..), was spacious and well organized, and it was of course quite new.
The staff were helpful, courteous and very friendly. You felt as if being welcomed into their home.
I've been to Honolulu twice before, and this was my best hotel experience.
Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha west_meets_east_2004,
Mahalo for your review. We are thrilled you loved the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. Our hotel personnel does a spectacular job at making each one of our guests feel at home during their stay. It gives us great pleasure to hear this was your best hotel experience in Honolulu.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have been to Honolulu twice this year. 1st time I stayed at the Hyatt Reg and the 2nd time I stayed at the Hyatt Place. Let me tell you, the front desk staff here are way better then at the Hyatt Reg. The rooms were more modern. Breakfast is included and so is the WIFI. Its a little walk from the beach. But still close and has a great view of Diamond Head. I will be back in March for sure. Great Job everyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Aloha Ken M,
Mahalo for your review. Welcome back to Honolulu, and thank you for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. We are thrilled to hear how great our front desk treated you versus the other Hyatt property. Can't wait to welcome you back in March!
Fresno, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We weren't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor, but this Hyatt Place definitely exceeded our expectations. Great service, free WiFi, and a complimentary breakfast were just three of the highlights from our three-night stay. The hotel is located just two blocks from the beach, and our room was huge.

Some reviewers have complained about the breakfast area because it's outside and the food attracts birds, which is true. However, it wasn't a major problem and we were able to enjoy our breakfast. There was also plenty of room to eat during our stay, although I can imagine that space could be an issue during busy periods.

If you decide to self-park, you'll pay $12/day at a lot that's not associated with the hotel and located across the street. We did this the first two days and it worked fine. On the third day, the lot was full and we ended up using the hotel's valet service, which is $25/day. Ideally, the hotel would have it's own lot for self-parking, but it wasn't a big deal. When you're just two blocks from the beach, it's hard to complain about paying $25 to park.

Overall, we were surprised the Hyatt Place wasn't ranked even higher in TripAdvisor's list of Waikiki hotels. The room rate can be a little high, but it's certainly competitive with other hotels in the area. We didn't experience a single problem mentioned in some of the reviews, and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to self-park in the lot across the street to save a little money.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Aloha 56waldorf,
Mahalo for your review. We are thrilled to learn that we exceeded expectations during your stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. Our complimentary WiFi, a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast, and prime location makes us one of the best values in Waikiki Beach. We hope to top the TripAdvisor list of hotels in Waikiki Beach one day, and sincerely appreciate your nice compliments. It would be a pleasure to serve you again soon!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I just wanted to leave feedback on how wonderful Hyatt's Australian reservation staff have been. They have done everything in their power to help me out and not only have the come up with the goods but their politeness and kindness has been a credit to both them and their organisation. In particular I would like to thank Stephen and his staff.

I made a reservation through bookit.com about a month ago for the Hyatt Place Waikiki. Bookit.com took a deposit and the remainder was to be paid over 2 payments. Yesterday I got a call from my bank to say that the Australian Federal Police had contacted the bank to say that my credit card was among a number that had been skimmed (details of my credit card had been fraudulently obtained - no details given of where or when) and that they needed to cancel the card and reissue a new one with a new number.

Over the last month I have tried numerous times to contact Bookit to give them a different credit card number and they never contacted me back. I had all but given up. However, with yesterday’s events, I didn’t have any choice – I have to change the credit card number but Bookit won’t accept that unless I either gave them my other credit card number over the phone (like I am going to do that given recent events!) or I cancelled the booking and rebooked at the current rate which is now $300 more expensive and there is was special discount that we got when we originally booked, meaning it will cost me another $4-500.

The Hyatt's staff have been wonderful and have rebooked me directly with the hotel at a slightly lower rate than Bookit gave me. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were unbelievably good to work with. They really understand customer service and if this experience is any indication of the service we’ll be getting in Hawaii, I can’t wait to go!

On the downside,Bookit tried to tell me that they couldn't let me pay the rest by paypal because the Hyatt didn't take paypal. However, the Hyatt confirmed with me that bookit paid them directly with bookit's own credit card, so whether the Hyatt takes Payal or not is irrelevant. I pay bookit and bookit pays the Hyatt. Bookit clearly says they take paypal, so why can't I pay them by paypal? Yet another reason to never use bookit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Aloha Angela D,
Mahalo for your review. Wow! What an exhausting experience you had booking your stay here. We are thrilled to learn how supportive Hyatt's reservation center was towards your unique situation. Glad Hyatt was able to resolve this issue for you. We can't wait to welcome you to the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach very soon.
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We selected a package that included transporation. When we arrived to the hotel the staff were not knowledgeable of the package in our reservation. The morning breakfast was a plus and one of the reasons we stayed but it was almost the exact same thing for the five days of our stay. Out check out time was scheduled for 12:00 PM I requested late check out of 2:00 PM (I receive this benefit because I have a Hyatt credit card) and was told it was okay but at 12:30 PM the cleaning person arrived. I explained we have a late check out at 2:00 PM and the cleaning person said she was not aware so I called the main desk and explained the situation and was told we had till 2:00 PM to check out. Then at 1:00 PM a hotel employee came and said we had to leave the room because it was past our check out time then I had to explain the situation to him. They have a poor communication system and hotel staff do not seem keep a good record of customers requests..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha Chris T,
Mahalo for your review. Allow us to sincerely apologize for your check-out dilemma during your recent stay. This incident was brought to the attention of our Executive Committee, and will do everything in our power to make sure this does not reoccur moving forward. It would be a pleasure to invite you back for a much improved experience with us.
Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Guest Services Team

Been to Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach? Share your experiences!