We made our reservation for this B&B with some trepidation not long after it had new management. At that point there were very few reviews, and the Inn was undergoing renovation. Our gamble, with a substantial advance deposit, paid off. We were not disappointed. During our four-night stay in late August there was no construction activity, and we slept well. We are accustomed to sleeping with air conditioning and not hearing night noises. Nevertheless, although elderly, we readily accommodated to their good overhead fan and cool hillside breezes through the open windows.. Their dogs were well behaved, although a little dog did bark some at night . but it was not really a problem. Our Cooke room was spacious, with decent lighting, and a deadbolt door lock for security. The closet smelled musty, so we kept our belongings elsewhere. The double hung windows had some ropes broken on one side but had sticks to prop them up. The ample breakfasts were very good, and the unusual tasty hot offerings varied from day to day. Lots of interesting antiques in this historic Victorian house B&B. We were glad we had a good alternative to staying down in the Waikiki area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manoa Valley Inn is a Victorian Inn filled with European antiques with a bit of island flair. This Historic Country Inn is an Oahu landmark located in an exclusive area of Honolulu right by the University of Hawaii. The Manoa Valley Inn was built in 1912 and provides a luxurious and quiet experience away from the din of Waikiki for visitors and local residents alike. The Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The prestigious Country Inn is conveniently located within minutes of Waikiki and the downtown Honolulu business district, yet it is surrounded by the beauty, luxury, and serenity of Manoa Valley. Relax in the quiet of the peaceful and spacious veranda and soak up a bit of Hawaiian nostalgia from years gone by. Stay with us, it's a very special surprise. It is an intimate retreat that provides a unique alternative to resort living. The Manoa Valley Inn has six special, spacious rooms and a charming country cottage waiting for you. We are within walking distance to U.H. Manoa, bus lines, restaurants and theater. Relax in our tropical saltwater heated swimming pool with a soft flowing waterfall located in a secluded garden with many trees and flowers. Breakfast consists of island fresh fruits, yogurt, bread, muffins or bagels, cold cereal, coffee, tea & juice, as well as brown rice, oatmeal with plenty of assorted nuts and dried fruits, a variety of tofu dishes and stir fried vegetables .. eggs when served are from an organic farm run by a family member. We buy local products from local organic farms as much as possible.Our Inn has five permanent guests who are 4 friendly and playful dogs and 1 mysterious black cat! E Komo Mai... Come In, Join Us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your Manoa Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoa Valley Hotel Honolulu
- Manoa Valley Inn Hawaii/Honolulu