The lesson learned here is read ALL the reviews! Creepy, dark, dirty, no... filthy, damp, smelly, buggy, moldy, shall I go on or do you have the picture. Breakfast was disgusting, old, instant, and the coffee had been sitting on the burner for hours. I was afraid to eat anything.
Did I mention the dogs! No less then 4 greeted us, one in diapers (get the picture/smell). That was all that greeted us. It took several calls from outside the premises to get someone to greet us, show us the room, give us keys. We should have run at that point, but it was late afternoon and we were beat.
My husband & I were on Oahu for business and thought the Inn looked appealing and out of the Waikiki hustle bustle. We had booked two nights. We stomached one night. I knew we were in trouble when my husband said he was keeping his shoes on (he hates shoes). When we left the next morning, not wanting to make a scene, we said we had an emergency and needed to leave a day early. A "so what" attitude was given and no mention of a refund for the second night (they make you pay at time of booking with credit card). We didn't care. We booked a night at the Hawaii Prince Hotel for the same price and quickly removed our self from the Inn. It was so worth the forfeiture of the second night.
Not sure where the "excellent reviewers" stayed, but be assured, it was not here!! I have stayed in many B & B's around the world, and never in my life experienced anything so terrible and frightening.
I hate that I am giving the Location an Average rating, this will increase the overall rating, but it is a good location. Just so sad that the Inn has become so undesirable on so many levels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manoa Valley Inn is a Victorian Inn filled with European antiques with a bit of island flair. This Historic Country Inn is an Oahu landmark located in an exclusive area of Honolulu right by the University of Hawaii. The Manoa Valley Inn was built in 1912 and provides a luxurious and quiet experience away from the din of Waikiki for visitors and local residents alike. The Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The prestigious Country Inn is conveniently located within minutes of Waikiki and the downtown Honolulu business district, yet it is surrounded by the beauty, luxury, and serenity of Manoa Valley. Relax in the quiet of the peaceful and spacious veranda and soak up a bit of Hawaiian nostalgia from years gone by. Stay with us, it's a very special surprise. It is an intimate retreat that provides a unique alternative to resort living. The Manoa Valley Inn has six special, spacious rooms and a charming country cottage waiting for you. We are within walking distance to U.H. Manoa, bus lines, restaurants and theater. Relax in our tropical saltwater heated swimming pool with a soft flowing waterfall located in a secluded garden with many trees and flowers. Breakfast consists of island fresh fruits, yogurt, bread, muffins or bagels, cold cereal, coffee, tea & juice, as well as brown rice, oatmeal with plenty of assorted nuts and dried fruits, a variety of tofu dishes and stir fried vegetables .. eggs when served are from an organic farm run by a family member. We buy local products from local organic farms as much as possible.Our Inn has five permanent guests who are 4 friendly and playful dogs and 1 mysterious black cat! E Komo Mai... Come In, Join Us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Manoa Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoa Valley Hotel Honolulu
- Manoa Valley Inn Hawaii/Honolulu