I escaped my busy professional life for a week in Hawaii, and after my stay returned home refreshed and ready to go. When I saw the place online I knew I wanted to stay there... great location, 5 - 15 mins from everything important, and outside of the city hustle. When I walked in I can't lie, I was a little surprised. They have maintained the historic charm of the place, however the furnishings are faded and due for a face lift. Regardless, the great ambiance, very cool family management, absolutely gorgeous pool with rock waterfall, and the beautiful gardens makes you start enjoying yourself right away!
They do not have a cooking licence, so if you're looking for a 3 course catered breakfast every day, look somewhere else. But each morning at 7.30 there is a continental spread on the patio overlooking the beautiful Diamond Head crater... bagels, jam, an assortment of teas, coffee, juice, yogurt and local fruit, just the thing to get you started on a fun-packed day in O'ahu.
Just before leaving I told the innkeeper John that coming back to his B&B at the end of the day was like coming home, which is what I needed, and is the highest complement I could give him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manoa Valley Inn is a Victorian Inn filled with European antiques with a bit of island flair. This Historic Country Inn is an Oahu landmark located in an exclusive area of Honolulu right by the University of Hawaii. The Manoa Valley Inn was built in 1912 and provides a luxurious and quiet experience away from the din of Waikiki for visitors and local residents alike. The Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The prestigious Country Inn is conveniently located within minutes of Waikiki and the downtown Honolulu business district, yet it is surrounded by the beauty, luxury, and serenity of Manoa Valley. Relax in the quiet of the peaceful and spacious veranda and soak up a bit of Hawaiian nostalgia from years gone by. Stay with us, it's a very special surprise. It is an intimate retreat that provides a unique alternative to resort living. The Manoa Valley Inn has six special, spacious rooms and a charming country cottage waiting for you. We are within walking distance to U.H. Manoa, bus lines, restaurants and theater. Relax in our tropical saltwater heated swimming pool with a soft flowing waterfall located in a secluded garden with many trees and flowers. Breakfast consists of island fresh fruits, yogurt, bread, muffins or bagels, cold cereal, coffee, tea & juice, as well as brown rice, oatmeal with plenty of assorted nuts and dried fruits, a variety of tofu dishes and stir fried vegetables .. eggs when served are from an organic farm run by a family member. We buy local products from local organic farms as much as possible.Our Inn has five permanent guests who are 4 friendly and playful dogs and 1 mysterious black cat! E Komo Mai... Come In, Join Us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Manoa Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoa Valley Hotel Honolulu
- Manoa Valley Inn Hawaii/Honolulu