“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Chicago
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I come to Honolulu often and I usually stay @ The Aqua Palms & Spa. Being that they were full I decided to go to Bamboo. I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff was very polite and helpful. The Guest services manager Nicole Valentino was also a great help in making sure my stay was very comfortable. The rooms were very clean and neat and it is right in the middle of all the action in waikiki, The Bamboo had a unexpected problem with a power outtage while I was there and they handled it great. They gave all the guest a free bar B que by the pool. Burgers and Hot dogs,chips,soda, etc. They made sure we were comfortable and fed during the outtage which lasted for at least 6 hrs. The rates are affordable and the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Just a short walk to the beach and plenty of shopping. What more can you ask for??

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Aloha BigCas,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
We are pleased that you found the staff to be polite and helpful and to hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable. We are also happy that you found the central location to Waikiki Beach, dining, shopping and more to be a convenience to you while you were with us. Thank you for your understanding & support throughout our power outage and for your acknowledgement of our efforts to keep all of our guests comfortable and at ease.
We truly appreciate your selection of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa and look forward to seeing you back in the years to come!
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

This is a somewhat dated property on a busy street. Get a room on a higher floor that is not facing the street to help reduce street noise. We loved the location, only 2 blocks to a fantastic section of the beach, easy walking distance to everything in Waikiki. Our room was on the 10th floor, on the side of the building toward the rear. The wall mounted air conditioner makes noise but did its job cooling; we simply shut it off at night and left the patio door open (the outside air was quite comfortable at night). Our room was clean throughout, the mattress was newer, firm & comfortable. Staff is responsive but not pampering. Overall I thought I received good "value" for my money; there are many fancier places to stay in Waikiki if you want to pay much much higher prices!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Aloha FoodNomad53,
We are happy to hear that the location of the Bamboo suited you well with just a short walk to the beach & nearby dining & shopping locations. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your quiet room and found the bed comfortable.
I apologize that our staff did not meet your expectations. Thank you for being honest in your review. We are raising the bar everyday to better ourselves in every way we can.
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

The rooms are nicely appointed with rudimentary kitchen faciilities. The staff is uniformly friendly, helpful and fair. The lobby is calming and a nice refuge from Waikiki, which can get to be a bit much at times. But the piece de resistance is the pool and its surroundings. A great place to stay cool during the afternoons and to get away from the hustle bustle. Were I going back to Waikiki, I would book the Bamboo in a minute.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Aloha Droogie,

We’re happy to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay and that you found the room and the kitchenette pleasant. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the serene atmosphere of our lobby and the “getaway” feel of our Outer Sanctuary. It’s nice to escape the hustle & bustle of Waikiki and relax in a beautiful and calm environment.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

You are in the heart of it all with walking distance to everything that your heart may desire and want. The rooms are clean and attractive with constant up keeping and a great outlook, out of your window to beach front dreams.
I would recommend this hotel as one of the best that we have stayed at for services, location and a pleasant atmosphere to relax in.

Aloha Hanglooseinhawaii,

We’re thrilled that our staff provided you with exceptional service during your stay and that you found the room to be clean and attractive. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the serene atmosphere of our lobby and Outer Sanctuary. We are also happy to hear that you found the location convenient for shopping, dining, fun & sun!

Dalhart, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

This is a kind of a different review we are planning on staying at the Aqua Bamboo & Spa in May of 2011 for 30th wedding anniversary. First time to the state of Hawaii I chose Oahu because 30th anniversary is the year of the pearl and this is known for Pearl Harbor and where Pearl City is located . My wife and I have never been the resort type of people we like the smaller more touchable atmosphere. I chose this Hotel from these reviews and trust me I did the Homework. I noticed good or even the "few" negative reviews the General Manager responded to each of these reviews and addressed the comments. I hope my gut feeling is right because I want this to special for us as we celebrate a milestone in Life. Look forward to meeting the staff they sound great. Look forward to our visit in May.

David and Valorie Watts

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Aloha Mr. & Mrs. Watts,

Thank you for taking the time to look into each and every review, and for trusting in us to make sure you have a special and memorable anniversary in Hawaii.

I would like to also thank you for advising us of your special occasion that you will be sharing with us. I have located your reservation and have notated that you will be celebrating your anniversary while staying with us.

Once again, mahalo for choosing to stay at the Aqua Bamboo, and we look forward to seeing you this May! We hope to leave you “Really Impressed.”

Please feel free to contact us if there is anything else that we may assist you with.

Deloraine Manitoba Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Spending 3 nights in this conveniently located hotel was the perfect end to a 3 week + vacation. We were amazed and delighted to be upgraded to one of the 2 deluxe suites on the 9th floor. The lanai was as big as the indoor area, and equipped with living, dining, and lounge furniture and a barbecue the size of a small car. Well equipped kitchen- equipment and dishes. Grocery store is just down the street, and is on the city bus route. Beach is a very short walk. Ocean was visible from the other lanai off the bedroom. Pool area was a quiet, secure oasis, with soft music and waterfall. Free wi-fi in room worked all the time. Beautifully decorated with bamboo theme. Comfy beds. Staff was helpful and cheerful. We definitely would stay there again.

Aloha Coldcanucks4,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the One Bedroom Kitchenette Suite which you were upgraded to. The Kitchenette is a great convenience, along with the Food Pantry just a few blocks away. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere, from the bamboo décor and waterfall to the bed in your room. I’m pleased that you found the location a convenience for you to take a short walk to the beach or jump on TheBus to take a tour around the island.

Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I like the fact that this hotel is small and you don't get lost in the crowd of many guests. The staff is nice and embody the Aloha Spirit! I would definitly return time and time again to this hotel since I now found this quiet small hotel in the middle of Waikiki.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Aloha Kaleo1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. We are thrilled that you have given us such a fantastic rating.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the intimate atmosphere we promote and that our staff was gracious and shared their Aloha Spirit with you while you were with us.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Aqua Bamboo Waikiki? Share your experiences!