We were very pleased w/this hotel. It's not too big, so you don't have as much hustle and bustle going on.
The Good -
- Close walking distance to beach.
- Towels and chairs provided for you to take to beach. Pool area has lush plantings making it feel more secluded....you kind of forget you're in the middle of town.
- Our room was plenty big enough for the two of us, had 2 queen beds, and we were surprised to see the little kitchenette, which also came stocked w/dishes, pots and pans!!
- Nice robes in the closet.
- Blonde concierge, she was VERY sweet and helpful. I'm sorry I don't remember her name.
- We had street view room but only heard sirens and large trucks, not bad at all
- Were always acknowledged when coming and going past front desk
- No noise from neighboring rooms or other floors
- beds and pillows good
The Not AS Good, but very minor -
- coffee in lobby. Go out door to the left a couple of blocks to The Coffee Bean
- A/C was a little loud for me, but I still slept.
- Thursday Manager's "meet/greet" was ok...veges and dip, chips, popcorn. There was pizza, but not even enough for all 20(if that) ppl there to have 1 of the 2" x 3" pieces they offered. Bamboozal drink was pineapple juice, Midori melon liquour and club soda, ok but a bit weak. I was a very nice gesture for management to have this get together, but I didn't see anyone from management "meeting and greeting." There were enough flowers for 4 ppl to make leis.
Overall, I feel this is a very nice hotel and would consider staying here again. I might try to stay on pool side to get a tad quieter, but really, the street side was not bad. We did not eat anything from their small food service area The Lovin' Oven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with an on-site restaurant and lush outer sanctuary including a saltwater pool with waterfall, jet spa, sauna, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and stove-top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu