We were looking for a smaller hotel with good service for a good price that wasn't a dive, which is exactly what we got. The room was clean and comfortable. It's an older place and the window unit AC is a little noisy, but we didn't spend inordinate amounts of time in our room. I do wish the sliding door had a screen on it as we probably would have slept with the AC off and window open if there had been a screen. The hot and cold water faucets in the shower seemed to operate backwards, but once we figured out which way to turn them, that was not a big deal. We had a mini fridge and kitchenette with dishes and a toaster that we used to do our own breakfast and keep left-overs. The location is very convenient and everything you might want is within walking distance.
We loved the pool area and spent a LOT of time there. As others have noted, the pool is not heated, but on a hot day that was not much of a problem. It's a little oasis in the city jungle and was generally very mellow. We never had an issue getting a place to sit.
If you are looking for something fancy, this may not be the place for you and you might be happier to spend the extra $$ to go to one of the mega hotels on the beach. If you want a nice place with friendly staff for a decent price and can deal with minor imperfections, this was a great place and we'd gladly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with an on-site restaurant and lush outer sanctuary including a saltwater pool with waterfall, jet spa, sauna, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and stove-top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu