This review may be a little after we stayed but it's the first chance I've had to write.
We arrived very late (1.30am) and well after check in due to a delayed flight. The guy on reception was a little grumpy BUT THIS WAS THE ONLY TIME WE HAD DODGY SERVICE!! Aqua Bamboo is not a 4 star but a VERY GOOD 3 star if you are comparing to US standards.The beds are double beds, not queens or kings. The rooms are on a par with UK hotel rooms in size BUT fabulous little kitchenette if you want to make lights snacks, teas, coffees etc. Also coffee, teas etc free in reception. No WIFI but you do get free internet via wire connection (wire supplied by reception to fit laptop free of charge). The pool is FABULOUS! Small but beautiful. Warm, clean and private (if you don't mind being overlooked by skyscrapers on 2 sides BUT didn't bother me!!). It is only 5 mins from Waikiki beach and the main street with all of the designer shops and restaurants. Get the bus if you can. Get to see the real island. ALSO GO TO THE POLYNESIAN CENTRE!!!! AMAZING DAY!! You get to experience ALL of the differing cultures of Polynesia. We also took a day trip to the Big Island by plane (Hawaii) - not cheap, around £300 each BUT well worth it. Also took a 1 hour helicopter tour over Maui, amazing sights and well worth the money. I would really recommend this hotel as value for money. If you stay on the main street you will be charged at least £250 to £500 per night for a hotel and you're never in the room because it is such a beatiful place.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, renovated boutique hotel located 1½ blocks to the beach. This oasis in the heart of Waikiki offers the following FREE amenities: in-room Internet access and WiFi Internet access in lobby & poolside, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 32-inch LCD TV’s, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top in studios & suites and safe. The lush outer sanctuary includes a saltwater pool with waterfall, jet spa, sauna, barbeque grill and cabana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel, EasyToBook, Olotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.