A fantastic little hotel, rooms are clean and cosy, the kitchenette is a welcome addition.
No kettle though, which i thought was strange. Bathroom, while not luxurious, is quite adequate, always kept clean, lots of fresh towels daily.
Lovely little pool, cold and hot water available in the lobby, although free coffee was pretty awful (but then again, we in Australia are spoilt for choice there). Beach towels and chairs are available for free.
The location is fantastic, 3 minutes walk to the beach.
The only one thing I had an issue with was free wifi internet... which is supposed to be available in the lobby and by the poolside only. While the reception seemed fine, i was only able to connect occasionally. The staff had to constantly reboot the router in order for me to do so. We had 3 different devices between the two of us, and it was happening on all of them. Other customers had issues also.
Come on guys, in this day and age, wifi internet should be available in all the rooms. I would be happy to pay a small additional fee for that, as long as it was reliable. As someone who visits Hawaii at least once a year, I need internet to connect to my family and friends back home in Oz. International roaming is still expensive, so internet is not luxury really. I know there is an ethernet cable in the rooms, but who is travelling with their laptops these days? Phones and tablets are everywhere, so wifi is a necessity.
Please fix this, and I will be back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with an on-site restaurant and lush outer sanctuary including a saltwater pool with waterfall, jet spa, sauna, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and stove-top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu