“Really Nice Place in the heart of Waikiki” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%!
Ranked #25 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Really Nice Place in the heart of Waikiki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Great hotel with a beautiful Spa and "grotto" courtyard with pool, jaccuzi, etc. Right on Kuhio in the middle of Waikiki and a 5 minute walk to the beach, restuarants, etc. Some rooms have fantasic ocean views and it is one of the few hotels downtown that has rooms with Kitchenettes. We stayed 4 nights while waiting to move into our new apartment a short distance away. (It's also on the military TLA-authorized list, btw, and they will send the bill staright to the Army for you, vioce charging you.) Some of the rooms are small, but still very comfortable. High floors are better as there are always cars in Waikiki. There is limited guest parking in the garage downstairs from the hotel, but a reasonably priced (for Waikiki) public garage only 100m away. (Military on TLA get a spot downstairs for free!)
The courtyard area is really special and we spent several hours there. Would stay again and recommend to visitors!

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and an ocean view!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Aloha Johnmc82,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your TLA stay with us and you were able to take advantage of the many benefits that the hotel offers such as free parking (for TLA guests), kitchenettes in the room and the convenient location to shops, restaurants and Waikiki Beach. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed your time relaxing in our tropical and serene Outer Sanctuary (pool area).

We truly appreciate your selection of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa and look forward to seeing you back in the years to come!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We recently stayed at the Aqua Bamboo & Spa for 4 nights and loved it! I did expect the location to be a bit noisy, being only 2 short blocks from Waikiki Beach, but it was surprisingly quiet and I slept like a log in their comfy beds. We arrived very early (after an overnight flight) to be greeted at reception by a cold glass of juice, a refreshing cool damp flannel and a seamless checkin. Our rooms were not ready yet (we expected this), so we left our bags and went off exploring. As it happens we did not make it back to the Bamboo until 12 hours later - to find that our bags had already been moved to our rooms for us - much appreciated Bamboo! On arriving at our rooms, we were delighted by lovely orchids placed on our beds and in the bathroom and spotlessly clean rooms. One of my friend's was celebrating a special birthday while we were there and the Bamboo team surprised her with a cake, some chocolates and a bottle of bubbly - she was thrilled and felt very special. The facilities at the Bamboo, along with the lovely pool area and colocation with the Spa (which we unfortunately did not use) make me definitely want to stay here again! The lobby area is also beautifully decorated and makes for a relaxing spot to hang out while awaiting your next Oahu adventure. The hotel is a very short walk to everywhere you will want to go in Waikiki and close to the trolley stops.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Aloha Goodevens18,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything from the pineapple and oshibori’s during your arrival, to your clean room with little accents of island living and the relaxing environment in our lobby and Outer Sanctuary (pool area). We are so thrilled that your traveling companion enjoyed her birthday surprise from our family here at the Bamboo. We sincerely enjoy celebrating special occasions with our guests! We are also delighted to hear that you found the central location to benefit you while you were here.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the aqua bamboo and spa, the highlights! refreshments in the foyer of home made lemonade, ice tea and lemon water :), the staff were very friendly, the pool is gorgeous and its location for me was perfect, the room was clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Aloha VickyJMelbourne,

We are truly pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and you were comfortable in your room. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed the secluded tropical pool area and our complimentary amenities, such as the beverages served daily in the lobby along with the convenient location of our hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed here for one night during a long layover in Honolulu. The staff was very nice but the room was just small, old & felt unsafe. I had a 2nd floor room on the side so I had a nice view of other people's apartments and their drying laundry. The tub didn't drain, there's no Wi-Fi in the rooms and it just felt a little dirty overall. The location is decent but has no ocean view whatsoever. One good thing is that it is very near the bus stop but really, just stay someplace else (and remember to use your AAA card as a lot of hotels give discounts for it).

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool or the street.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Aloha kmarstal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo & Spa as it is an important tool for our improvement and success.

We are pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly during your layover in Honolulu and that you found the convenient location of the hotel to the city bus stops to benefit you while you were with us. We are regretful that you did not completely enjoy your short stay with us. Unfortunately, the physical location of the hotel is beyond our means, however as you mentioned we do have rooms facing the street or the pool area to offer city and courtyard views for our guests. We do not offer wifi in the rooms yet, but improving our internet services is something that we are currently exploring. Also, if you did not inform us of your tub not draining properly while you were with us, please send me an email at nvalentino@aquaresorts.com so we may inspect the room you were in to ensure that the issue is resolved.

Thank you again for staying with us at the Aqua Bamboo & Spa and I hope you will think of us again in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed at Aqua Bamboo for 5 days in April 2011. Let's get the facts out right away - this is not a resort, it is a hotel. Not a fantastic hotel, but definitely not bad either. It's located a few minutes walk from the 'heart' of downtown Waikiki, and about a 10 or so minute walk from the beaches. The lobby staff is friendly and helpful, and you can have a key to get in if you plan on coming back to the room after about 9pm or so. The rooms are pretty good - nothing special, but clean and comfortable, and all of them (I think) have their own lanai. Of course, the view from your lanai is the lanais of an apartment complex across the street, with people hanging out their laundry, etc :) But this hotel is pretty reasonably priced if you're looking to stay on a budget, and it's within a few minutes walk of anywhere you might want to go in town or on the beach. One more thing - the spa is actually pretty nice, and has great massage therapists. A definite recommend, even if you don't stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Aloha VickyJMelbourne,

We are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the convenient location to Waikiki Beach and our Spa here on property. Due to the physical locality of our hotel, we do not have ocean views, however we do offer rooms facing the front & the back of the hotel which provide city & courtyard views for our guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be a good value during your time in Waikiki.

Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

The Aqua Bamboo and Spa is an older hotel.The ceilings are low, no soaring atrium here. The building itself tapers upward. Consequencly the rooms get smaller as you go to rooms on the upper floors. We were on the top floor and the room could accomodate only a regular size bed. The building is showing its age. There is a washer and dryer on the top floor balcony but you must be able to stand at the railing and not have a fear of heights. PHEW!
The staff was quite good and it is in a good location; we had to walk only two blocks to the pick-up point for the tour busses.

Room Tip: Do not get a room that faces the street...lots of noise
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Aloha Foredeck,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the staff and the convenient location of the hotel while you were with us. As out building does taper upward, we do have less rooms on the upper floors than we do on the lower floors to accommodate a decent room size for all rooms. Although the upper floor rooms are our starting category (Moderate rooms) we do also offer Studio’s with Kitchenettes and One Bedroom Suites which offer more space. Also, we have laundry machines on the 4th, 8th and 12th floors to provide a few options for our guests as well as valet laundry and dry cleaning for those who don’t want to worry about doing laundry while on vacation.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I needed time away and took a solo vacation to Waikiki - simple, inexpensive and easy. This hotel kept coming up on Hawaiian Airlines Vacations and I was drawn to it by it's simplicity and price. However, from the initial check in to the moment I left the hotel 6 nights later, I felt like I was with old friends. The staff- everyone included, was exceptionally and most importantly to me, genuinely, nice. I may not have been with old friends, but I definitely left with new friends. I will not stay anywhere else from now on. I've stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Mandarin Oriental and felt nowhere near this comfortable. My housekeeper was truly amazing. I don't know how she did it, but she anticipated the things I liked from the smallest clues and then cleaned my room to my standards every day. (Her name was Josie, by the way.) Ray, the daytime Bellman, was extremely helpful and had the most positive approach to life that I've experienced in a very long time. Nicole, the guest services manager had the same warmth and genuineness that the rest of the staff had. She was very informative about all the hotels offerings, including the Spa. Fe, at the front desk, always had a smile on her face- and could handle any amount of guests with ease. I can't remember everyones name- but I can tell you that this was an experience that I've never had at any hotel before. I truly think that everyone was honestly happy at their jobs- which is what made the experience so good. Oh, the night staff was awesome too! I was up at all hours of the night and day, and the night staff was really nice, professional and yet relaxed at the same time. I used to travel for work and would be in hotels in Seattle, Salt Lake City, Boise, Las Vegas and various cities in California 6 days out of every week. I honestly can say out of all the dozens of hotels I've stayed at- maybe more than 50 different hotels over the years, I have not experienced this rare combination of great people and wonderful service, cleanliness, safety and fun at any hotel- ever.

Room Tip: I personally stayed on the side of the hotel - not facing the pool / lounge area. I liked the side a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Aloha Josh W,

We are so pleased that you found our staff to be so exceptional, including Josie, Ray, Fe & the night crew. We are also delighted that you found your room to be comfortable & quiet and that all your needs were met while you were with us.

P.S. Don’t forget to send me an e-mail before you return! :)

Guest Services Manager

Been to Aqua Bamboo Waikiki? Share your experiences!