My wife and I stayed at the Imperial from Jan 3-10, 2013. This was our first trip to Hawaii and we had moderate expectations for the hotel based on the reviews we've read. That said, we were able to get a pretty good deal using RCI points, and don't usually spend a lot of time in our room so it worked out ok for us.
Location, location, location....
The hotel is in a PRIME location. It's 1 block off the beach, and right at the end of the beachwalk, which has plenty of fine restaurants and shopping at your door step. Waikiki beach is just a 2min across the street. It is also near Fort DeRussy military park and museum.
There is a great owners lounge on the 27th floor where you can get a great view of the beach, and have access to showers, kitchen and computers - all which come in handy after you've checked out but before you fly out.
The price was right and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our first room was located on the 5th floor with an awesome view of the ABC roof top, and some plumbing. We were able to move up to a room on the 15th, facing east (where we could see some water) with no problems.
The room we stayed in needs updating. The mini kitchen has what appears to be a circa '70's oven, which fits right in with the general look & feel of the place. The bathrooms and bedroom are tiny, in fact the whole room we stayed in (1bdr) was pretty small. Not that big of a deal as long as you don't want to spend a lot of time there. If there were 4 people in there (using the wall bed as well) I think it would be pretty tight.
The pool is located on the roof and isn't very appealing. It's a small area, but we really only went up there to see... since, well.. the beach is across the street.
Parking isn't cheap. I don't think this is really just at the hotel, but in the waikii area in general. We rented a car for a day and ended up returning it early instead of parking. There were some other factors in this, it's $20 to park overnight. You can park in other locations not to far for $6 - $10 / 10 hrs (overnight allowed).
Overall, it was a solidly average hotel. We'd stay there again and thought it was a decently clean, good bang for the buck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha! Mahalo for considering The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki. We are conveniently located in the epicenter of Waikiki and are steps away from the famous Waikiki Beach. We are surrounded by shops and restaurants for you to browse and enjoy. We know you will enjoy your visit, and are looking forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- The Imperial Hawaii Hotel
- Hawaii Imperial
- Imperial Hawaii Honolulu
- Imperial Waikiki
- Imperial Hotel Waikiki
- Imperial Of Waikiki
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Honolulu