“Location,Wow Oahu!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
St.John's ,Newfoundland,Canada
“Location,Wow Oahu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a well located hotel,with a very friendly staff in all areas,it was clean,no complaints at all on that matter.
Yes it's a little older but price and cleanliness go along way.
Parking was provided for a price,internet worked great,and pool was very nice as well.
I can only say for me," And I'm speaking on "one issue" that came up,bearing in mind, my wife and I were both exhausted from traveling 18+ hours from Canada" and that issue was a lack of carts for luggage.
I borrowed a cart to take up our luggage to our room,and staff came looking for it shortly after we were in our room.
I guess I never returned it in a prompt manner,I did not think it was a great deal of time maybe 10-15 mins... ,really,did I miss something,is there only one cart in that entire hotel for luggage?
I borrowed it again when checking out and had to reassure the staff,"yes" I won't be long with the cart! In all my travel, I have never seen a hotel with only one cart available....
Ok,I know it's a petty gripe,but it bothered me at the time.
Overall it was a nice location,for us,I would not hesitate to stay there again,"get some extra carts OMG!" :)
Oh yes definitely value for money!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen W, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Aloha Nasoni,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we truly value our guests opinions. I would like to take this time to apologize for the luggage cart incident and have talked to the staff regarding this situation. On another note we are very pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again during your nest stay.

Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Good Value Waikiki Hotel.
Clean, comfortable, quiet, free internet use, free wifi in room, tv, microwave.
We were on floor 14 and we didn't hear any traffic noise. (No beach views but beach is just a short walk from Hotel).
Hotel is close to lots of eating places & also walking distance into Waikiki or Ala Moana Mall.
We enjoyed our stay at Ramada Plaza, staff were pleasant & helpful (even happy to help out with little things you may have forgotten - eg: deodorant or toothbrush!)
Shuttles are happy to pick you up from this hotel when taking a day trip to Pearl Harbour etc.
I'd definitely stay here again as I felt it was value for money. I've stayed in lots of accom. around the world & couldn't fault this hotel for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Aloha LeapingLizz,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and we are very pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to hear that our location provided means for all of your tourist activities. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again!

Mahalo,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Ramada Plaza hotel is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to stay somewhere out of the middle of the hustle and bustle of the centre of Waikiki but still wanting close proximity.

Pool was nice, the room was clean, the bed was VERY comfortable and as advertised. The only issue I had was the fridge had a bit of a fit and stopped working. The front desk were helpful and sent someone up to fix it, it was fixed, and I lost a tub of ice cream in the process but it's not like I'm going to let a 2 dollar tub of ice cream ruin a hotel's reputation over something they couldn't control and fixed immediately.

Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Aloha some-random-bloke,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we truly appreciate it. I would like to take this time to apologize again for the problem with the refrigerator in your room and thank you for being so patient while it was fixed. We are glad to hear that you and your family did enjoy your stay with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Mahalo,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

You are not quite in the action of Waikiki (a plus point for us) Rooms are spacious air conditioned,clean and well maintained quality furniture/ fittings.Its a quiet location with quiet guestsalthough there is a building site across the road there was no evening activity. Sadly we didnt have any cockroaches but maybe we'lll be lucky next time.Honolulu is in the tropics after all.I had a huge one move into my shoe overnight when we stayed on Christmas Island!
Staff were friendly and helpful. The Wailana resturant/diner is recommended and about 150 yards away.
One downside the coffee machine in the room takes about an hour to percoloate.There is free coffee in the lobby from 7pm onwards.Its much quicker to go downstairs and get a cup than wait for the in room machine.
The Ramada is great value for money and has everything you would expect from a Ramada Plaza with very helpful staff and concierge services.

Aloha HLR39,

Thank you for the review, we truly value our guests opinions and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the problem concerning the coffee pot, but am glad to hear that you found our daily beverage service convenient. Once again, thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

After staying right in the centre of Waikiki for a week, we decided to move out of the hustle & bustle for a few days & moved to Ramada Plaza, Ala Moana Blvd. ( ...BUT still staying within one mile of the action! )
Ramada Plaza outdid our expectations ... it was comfortable & clean, air conditioned - good size room, bath/shower, coffee facilities, refrigerator, microwave,big screen tv, free room wifi, table & chairs, room safe + the handy amenities of shampoo, shower cap etc!
What really surprised me was the convenience of 24hr internet available on their two computers in the foyer (FREE!) .. (also with a printer attached for convenience) ... AND each morning they also had a great little breakfast table with coffee, tea & water available to all patrons (again in the foyer)
The staff was courteous & helpful (including the lovely lady looking after the carpark!)
The day before we left they decorated the foyer in beautiful Christmas decorations - we LOVED the fresh Christmas tree with a beach theme!
I booked directly with the hotel and got a good rate!
Would I recommend it to friends ??? Most definitely value for money!

Room Tip: Phone the Hotel directly to get a good deal!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Aloha Heidz202,

Thank you greatly for your wonderful review, we appreciate you taking the time to write us one. We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you like our Christmas decorations. We are also glad that we were able to provide you with a safe, clean, friendly, home-away-from-home residence during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Hoboken
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I got the room through Priceline, and wasn't worried initially given my previous stays with other Ramada locations.

The positives: Great location, low noise level (our room was not facing the main drag), comfortable bed, free wifi, room safe

The negative: not much of a view, we returned to our room at around 10 PM the second night to find a roach (big, and the kind that flies). After a few minutes of chase, we were able to kill it. See attached pics.

We informed the receptionist the same night, and was offered a room change (it was too late to get housekeeping to spray the room). It was late, and we had our belongings were all over the room. That said, we opted to stay put (we were checking out the following morning).

We also informed the day manager of our experience and showed him pictures. He made the same offers as the night receptionist (spray the room or change room). We were checking out in a few hours, so those options were not beneficial to us. I showed him the pictures again so he could see what we found, and then went back to the room.

When we checked out, the day receptionist gave us a box of chocolate (according to her, it was a gift from the day manager to make up for the roach). She also apologized and said that roaches were common to Honolulu given its tropical conditions.

I have been to Hawaii (Hawaii, Maui, Oahu, and Kauai) many times. This was the first time I encountered a roach in a hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pattie F, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Aloha and we are so sorry you had a roach in your room!

Your comment should have been responded to and I'm sorry they were not!

We apologize!

Warmest Aloha,
Pattie Furtado

Been to Ramada Plaza Waikiki? Share your experiences!