The hotel is not particularly outstanding from the outside, but it has everything you might need. The location is very good, not in the centre of Waikiki, but all the closer to central Honolulu, very close to Ala Moana shopping mall and Walmart. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel (in the direction to central Oahu). Beach is about 5-10 minutes distance through a complex of Hilton hotels and it's one of those that do not get annoyingly crowded.
Room is large enough, with a huge bed, work desk, armchair and large HD TV. Rooms come with a small fridge and safe (and a microvawe on only floors 9 and higher, I think). There is even an ironing board and an iron if you needed it. Bathroom is basic, but it has everything you need, including amenities and a hairdryer. There is also a coffee / hot water maker (while coffee was replenished, I have never received additional tea - but you can always get it in the lobby in the morning).
I was at 11th floor at the back side of the hotel and didn't have any trouble sleeping at night, even though the soundproofing is very poor and you can hear the traffic in the daytime.
Internet is provided both hardwired and wi-fi, worked most of the time and is quite fast.
Staff was friendly and helpful. There is a concierge service in the lobby as well.
Overall, I was very satisfied with pretty much everything and I will gladly return if I get the chance.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hotel
- Waikiki Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Waikiki
- Holiday Inn Honolulu
- Honolulu Holiday Inn
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer off beach prices and lots of free amenities- in each room from the 9th floor and up we have microwaves and mini-fridge's, you can use either free hardwired or wireless internet access - free use of the fitness center and business center - you can print your boarding passess for free. Parking is $15 IF you are a Wyndham points member or you can join when you arrive- parking normally $25 a night. We are located at the beginning of Waikiki- within walking distance to the Hawaii Convention Center, Ala Moana Shopping Center, lots of dining and shopping opportunities - access to the beach is across the street at the Hilton Hawaiian Village or you can walk two blocks to Ala Moana Beach Park. Public transportation (The Bus) is available outside on Ala Moana Blvd. We have a concierge desk to help arrange transfers, activities and tours. Come and visit us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Ramada Plaza Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.