“Passable for overnight on way back to states” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Honolulu Hotel

You added Airport Honolulu Hotel to your Saves list
Airport Honolulu Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96819 (Formerly Ohana Honolulu Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Best Available Rate
Ranked #63 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Key West, Florida
“Passable for overnight on way back to states”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

January 2015 one night stay on way home from New Zealand since connections didn't allow for a flight out that night. Dated and very busy with many military of whom they seem to take great and well deserved care. Basic but clean room. Front desk staff were always over worked but professional upon a 11pm check in as well as 7am departure. Closeness to the airport can't be beat. Don't arrive late at night hungry as no restaurant open that late. Shuttle to and fro from airport works well.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Guam, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Just stayed the night, between flights, but after a long day of traveling, this hotel was just what I needed. I called them from one of the courtesy phones at the airport and they informed me where to meet the free shuttle.

The shuttle runs every half hour from the lobby, 24 hours a day. The driver was professional and assisted with lifting luggage.

Speaking of the lobby, it looked very clean, new, and modern.

The room was decent and clean. Nothing fancy, but all I needed was a place to freshen up and sleep. Used the wake up call in my room to make sure I made my flight on time.

You could hear the highway, but I likened it to white noise and had no trouble sleeping. There was a balcony to view the highway, as well.

I was offered the government rate of $145/night.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 12 days while we were recently moving off island, and as the title says...I really wanted to like it. But for the price per night, we could have stayed at numerous other hotels that would have been nicer. They DO allow pets, which was why we stayed here (we have a kitty), but not sure why the pet deposit is so high if we would just be put into a room with tile that can't be ruined and they want you to carrier your animal each time the maids come. I wasn't really willing to do that, so between that and both of us getting sick, we didn't utilize the maids for much more than new sheets that we changed ourselves, towels and supplies as needed. I will say that the housekeeping staff was actually the highlight of the stay. They were friendly and engaging, efficient and unobtrusive. When we needed to borrow something, they were quick to help. Otherwise, $30 a night to park on top of your stay, our hot water on our sink was broken when we got there, so after a long day we had to wait for the maintenance staff to come in and fix it while we sat there, the batteries died in our TV remote...they had to put in a work order to change them (and we had batteries but couldn't put ours in there because they are screwed in...I guess people steal batteries?) and they NEVER got changed the whole time we were there, the restaurant was pretty gross for breakfast (husband got a stomach ache and I boxed mine and then didn't eat it later), our "do not disturb" sign was either stolen 3 times (there weren't enough for every room it seemed) or the staff took them, which is even weirder, and we were next to the LOUDEST, most obnoxious couple and their two kids, that spent their days (and I mean ENTIRE days) screaming at each other...the mother cussing and yelling, the kids screaming and crying and throwing tantrums...and because they had two rooms across the hall from each other, they spent a lot of that time yelling IN THE HALL. No staff EVER stopped it, and I know they were aware (I watched it happen numerous times around staff and other guests), the wifi was HORRIBLE and we couldn't run anything but one of our laptops from it (out of 3 laptops, a tablet and 2 phones) so I couldn't catch up on work or watch anything from Netflix or Hulu or YouTube or anything. I feel like I could go on and on...but you get the idea. The other positive was it's proximity to the airport and having a shuttle...but that was it for me. Wouldn't stay again and wouldn't recommend. The only reason it doesn't rate as horrible is it was pretty clean with the friendly cleaning crew, close to the airport and allowed pets...so it fit what we needed at the time with no other luxuries or positives.

Room Tip: Pick a room in another hotel...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Quick reliable free shuttle. Small store in hotel stocked well. Room had fridge, microwave and coffee. I walked to Big Kahuna Pizza around the corner and thought once maybe I shouldn't have been alone at night because I saw a few homeless but no guts no glory. They will shuttle you to the Best a Western which has a restaurant but I would just walk around the corner to the better food. At least you would be closer if you let them take you half way but it was really only about a 10 min walk. There was also BBQ, sandwich places, Starbucks, sushi and McDonalds right there. The room was very clean and quiet. I liked this room better than the Best Western room. I walked the next morning about 15 minutes to rent my car. Too convenient.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel served it purpose of being close to the airport for a 1 night stay, I was a bit worried about the noise from the freeway, however this wasn't an issue as the aircon unit was so loud it you couldn't hear the planes or freeway. The room was clean and functional and the check in staff were friendly, the free shuttle to the airport was handy. However I feel it was overpriced for what we got.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Aloha Amber H,

Thank you for staying with us earlier this month at Airport Honolulu Hotel.

Thank you for writing a review and for sharing your experiences. We apologize for the noise the air conditioner made, however please note we are working to replace our air conditioning units. It is an extensive process, but we are in the process of resolving this concern.

Thank you for staying with us and hope you enjoyed your time in Hawaii!

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Average motel that is convenient to the airport. Recommend this place only if you have an early morning flight. Has a 24 hour shuttle to the airport. We were on the 5:00 am shuttle, and they left on time.
Pros: Airport shuttle, comfortable bed.
Cons: Hotel was pricier than I think it should have been. Charge for parking. Restaurant closed Friday to Monday night (there is a shuttle to/from a nearby hotel that had dinner).

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Aloha GeographyGuru,

Thank you for staying at Airport Honolulu Hotel earlier this month!

Thank you also for writing a review and sharing your experiences. We apologize we were not able to meet all of your expectations. We will look into the rate concern, however we feel we are priced accordingly compared to our competition. Also, a hotel stay in Waikiki will be higher and include a one way $35 taxi fare. We do cater to those needing a quick hotel stay before an early morning flight, as well as assisting military families.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's not a grand hotel by any standards, but it is clean and friendly, and spectacularly close to the airport. Everyone I met was competent and friendly with it, something not every hotel can offer...

My room was spacious and had everything required for one night. Beds are average and everything else was very good. Free wifi.

I enjoyed my breakfast near the pool, surrounded by gardens (if you didn't look up too high and notice the freeway, it could have been anywhere in Hawaii).

Shuttle service is regular every 30 minutes.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!