“Medical visit...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Honolulu Hotel

Save Saved
You added Airport Honolulu Hotel to your Saves list
Airport Honolulu Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96819 (Formerly Ohana Honolulu Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 35%
Ranked #64 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Ili'ili, American Samoa, United States
“Medical visit...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am very pleased with both the staff and hotel itself. A warm welcome (by name!) and excellent housekeeping ( thank you Marilyn! ) along with the helpful amenities (micro fridge fast wireless) - only real complaint is that the wired internet is opposite from the only really accessible power plugs in the room... I have an old laptop... Probably not a problem for most folks... As for the haters who see a bug and hear traffic noise, it's HAWAII, crawling thing capital of the Pacific. I'd rather see an ant or a tiny bug than think about the amount of chemicals that some properties use to keep them completely and totally pest free... As for the noise, it's next to the freeway, it is what it is, I've sat by the pool many times and not even thought about it after a bit (and it really is noticeable out there.). All in all I WILL stay here again for the purposes of transit/medical/quick trips and I look forward to every return, thank you!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed for almost two months and the relationships my family grew with the hotel staff is unforgettable. Mrs. Robin and Mrs. Sharon are my favorite. They remember my orders and ask me how my days go while I'm gone. Mrs. Racquel is my most favorite of all. When she made my bed she saw that I used the big blanket and my sponge bob blanket, not the sheets. So instead of making my bed everyday with sheets, without asking her to, she made my bed with the big blanket and my sponge bob blanket. It was the most heart warming thing I have ever seen. It made the hotel feel like home. Like staying with family.

• Stayed August 2014
Wellington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was pleasantly surprised by our stay. The free-shuttle service was with us a couple of minutes after our call. Check in was friendly and speedy. Although the rooms are dated, they're spotlessly clean and everything worked. For a quick overnight before heading onto another island, this was exactly what we needed at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A great place to stay if you are leaving early in the morning. However, they need someone to help with luggage. I called and asked and no answer. Thankfully a Military person I met in the hallway helped.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Loco, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Average stay. Rooms were clean and quiet. We stayed one night on layover to Maui. Restaurant on site is pretty good and stays open late. Airport shuttle was quick. This is an older hotel and is a bargain for the rate. This was the cheapest hotel we could find close to the airport w/ a shuttle.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Aloha Tucker W,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Airport Honolulu Hotel on your quick layover before Maui. We are hopeful we were able to meet your needs.

As you mentioned in your review, we have a great location with a free shuttle to and from the airport and we have a great onsite restaurant that is open until 9:00pm.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on any future layovers.

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a late night flight into Honolulu with an island hop early the next morning. We picked the airport hotel mostly because of convenience, proximity to the airport, and the free shuttle service. The decor was somewhat dated, but everything was clean and in good condition.

Pros:
- The room was clean and well-taken care of. The bed was comfortable enough (and the pillows were excellent).
- The hotel was very quiet. It was a great place to get a good night's rest before early morning travel.
- The free airport shuttle was fantastic. Not many hotels in Honolulu offer this, so it was great to save some time and money on a day that we were only in town for a few hours.
- The room was already air-conditioned when we arrived and the temperature was extremely comfortable for sleeping - even on a very warm Hawaii night.
- Very friendly and courteous staff.

Cons:
- The TV in our room wouldn't work, we couldn't get it to turn on even though it was plugged in and everything seemed to be in order.
- The vending machine in the hallway wouldn't work. My fiancé tried to buy a gatorade, and the machine said it would only take exact change. The drink was $2.50, but the machine wouldn't accept any quarters.
- The computer and printer usage rates were outrageously high - if you're going straight to the airport, wait to print your boarding passes there.

Room Tip: Our room at the end of the hall was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Aloha Kaitlyn A,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel during your quick layover earlier this month. We are appreciative you left us some great feedback.

Regarding the pros you mentioned, thank you for acknowledging these areas. We are very grateful you pointed out the rooms being quiet, clean, comfortable, and our staff was friendly and courteous. We try to maximize our assets to ensure our guests have a relaxing time while they are here.

Thank you for bringing up the cons to our hotel. This will allow us to look at these areas and see how we can improve our hotel. We definitely apologize the TV did not work and we will investigate and check our rooms. Also, I have reached out to the vending machine company to investigate this concern.

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experiences with us and others. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Mahalo,
Brent KItsu
Assistant General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

To all military personnel traveling to Hawaii for change of station. Yes, other hotels are cheaper..but the Airport hotel is centrally located, has a bus service and is very military friendly. Single soldiers, families and even pets are welcome. Just spent 40 days here and the staff is friendly and customer oriented. They offer a program dedicated to military personnel and are willing to work around our finance system. Cant really say that for most places we get stationed too. Room attendants are friendly and always ask you about your day and have a smile for you (Nieda - my room attendant was awesome and always cheerful)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!