“Just wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Honolulu Hotel

Save Saved
You added Airport Honolulu Hotel to your Saves list
Airport Honolulu Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96819 (Formerly Ohana Honolulu Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 35%
Ranked #67 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
“Just wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Hi I stayed in room 28, the Andrews, and the rooms were clean, staff was friendly and food was awesome! Our room attendant Josie was the best! I was actually excited to see her every morning ! She took great care of us! In the cafe Tim was just over and beyond! Thr nicest man I ever met, and always made us feel welcomed and made us laugh ....we hate to leave, but we have found our home, and if everyone here on the island are as nice as these two....im glad to be apart of this island family! :-)

• Stayed July 2014

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I admit I was originally hoping to stay down in the Waikiki area, but due to RIMPAC, there was nothing available. After calling around to several places I was directed to Les, who is the Military Liaison for this hotel and one other close by. I did not know what to expect, but I have to tell you that after staying here for 6 weeks, I would not have stayed anywhere else. Not only is Les's team great, the entire staff here is great. The front desk takes care of your TLA paperwork perfectly, they know you by name, can answer all questions, and you can tell that they truly enjoy their job. The room service is incredible, which is why I try to leave them some cash as frequently as possible. The wait staff in the hotel are very pleasant and the food comes out quickly and tastes great. Overall, I can't thank this entire hotel enough, they have been great. Lastly, they let my dog stay here for free after she was released from quarantine, they provided a meal voucher when I did not have the dog, and the parking was free. If you are PCSing to the island or if you are just another traveler, please don't rule this place out. It's clean, has a great location, and the staff will take care of you. Thanks Airport Honolulu Hotel!!

Room Tip: If you have a pet, I would choose a room in the back building, which is closer to the pet area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Aloha Michael Z,

Thank you for ultimately staying at Airport Honolulu Hotel during your PCS transition. We are glad we were able to meet your expectations during your stay, as well as the staff doing all they could to welcome you to the islands!

Les and his team are great at providing a hotel for PCS families. Our staff takes pride in what they do and as you experienced, it shows. We will be sharing your review with all the staff and management and so thank you for sharing this!

Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to showcase what we are all about. We are grateful and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thank you also for all that you do!

South Mission Beach, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is close to the airport, which is why we chose it as we were doing a 18hour layover. Was very pleasant and more than adequate for our needs. Lovely pool, good restaurant, simple but hearty meals which were good value. The room was fine, not flash or fancy but very acceptable. Hotel looks a bit tired but would stay again. Starbucks and food court within 100 metres/yards. We had a room near the highway which had a bit of road noise but that didn't worry us it just faded into the background. Overall, just what we needed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Aloha Sonia B,

Thank you for staying at Airport Honolulu Hotel during your layover recently. Thank you also for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

As you mentioned, we do have amenities that will allow a guest to enjoy their time here with us. We are not Waikiki, but for a quick layover, we have a lovely pool, good restaurant, and other dining options close by. We are currently looking to refresh our rooms and so we look forward to welcoming you back again. As you probably saw, we are currently renovating much of the hotel and so hope you will return to see the end results.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Mountain Home, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Airport Hotel is walking distance from the airport, if needed due to luggage a shuttle is available. Around the corner is a Starbucks, Korean BBQ, Jamba Juice, a Ninja Sushi, and a 500 ft a bar/diner, Lisa's, with one of the greatest English muffin mini pizzas. The base is 1.3 miles to Hickam, 1.5 to Pearl for those PCS'ing. Postal office is around corner to ship gifts. There is a bus stop right outside the front door to catch bus 19 for Waikiki, which runs seemingly all day, non-stop. Rentals can get expensive the bus is a good way to transport kids to the beach for 2.50ea for all day, keep your paper ticket. Now if you feel like taking a car to explore the island the hotel has many rentals 5minutes away.
Walking up to the front don't get put off by the freeway, the noise can't be heard from within the rooms and if your like me you will be out most of the day exploring. Parking lots are safe, they have security walking it often, but that doesn't mean to leave your valuables in the car. Lobby is excellent, quiet. For snakes a little shop with food and small gifts are available from dawn past dusk. There is a choice on dining as well. I have yet to eat dinner here but the breakfast is most excellent. So, compliments to the chef! My croissant sandwich never failed a start of a good day. If you can take a seat on the balcony and enjoy the breeze and watching the pool and sometimes kids. The service was great, always full of smiles. Every day I received a wonderful greeting from Sharon who seated me, Jeanne, Robin, and Stella with excellent service. Good day starts off with a cup of Joe and smiles, right? Thank you ladies.
The rooms are average looking, like many other rooms I stayed in but I does the job, and my wallet isn't screaming. Sheets are light, and if you need an extra blanket front desk will send one up. AC does the job, kept it running through the night. Due to the tropics there are sometimes bugs, not often. Usually due to food left out and possibly ants. Having AC on helps. If there are issues the staff will help you in any way and possibly change your room. I stayed here for 2 months, and only saw 3 ants. So, it will be pretty slim running into issues with bugs.
The maids are wonderful, they will greet you in the hallway anytime. There is one that stuck out, Angie. Wonderful woman, always a smile on her face and would ask if I needed anything, every morning I could expect to see her in the hall. Thank you Angie for cleaning up after me. I'm not a messy person but she was so thorough with cleaning.
Well, I could possibly write more but I think I will spare you the rest, and allow you to form your own opinion. For someone simple like me who is out most of the time I give you all above excellent! Thank you for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Aloha Witty101,

On behalf of the staff and management, we are appreciative of your choice to stay at Airport Honolulu Hotel! We are grateful you took the time to write about our hotel and how our staff is taking care of you!

We are estactic to hear our staff is able to start your day off on a positive note, as well as during the day with our Houskeeping team. We will ensure to share your review and recognize Sharon, Jeanne, Robin, Stella, and Angie. I'm sure they will be happy to hear about your experience.

Thank you again for staying with us and should there be anything we can assist you with, please let us know.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Airport Honolulu Hotel during a PCS to the islands. The hotel would get 5 stars for any normal traveler, but for any military personnel PCS'ing in particular, this place is the bees knees and would get 6 stars, had they offered it on trip advisor. The military liaisons do a great job of making the transition easy and the hotel bends over backwards to accommodate those personnel coming or going to the islands. The location is prime and is a short drive to any location on the island. The hotel staff are knowledgeable and extremely helpful. The staff at the front desk are particularly well versed in the PCS and TLA procedures. My experience with Rose was outstanding. I wish all hotel front desk staff were as helpful as her. The room service is challenged with a wide variety of situations with families in transition, but go above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay comfortable and they are great at what they do. Our room service, provided by Nieda was truly professional and courteous. She was a huge part in making our stay a great one. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any traveler, and would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Aloha d h,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Airport Honolulu Hotel during your PCS stay. Both the staff and management are appreciative of your stay.

Thank you for the complimentary reivew and for recognizing Rose and Nieda. We will ensure they are recognized in their respective departments and your review is posted for the rest of our staff to see.

Thank you for staying with us and for serving our country!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were looking for a one-night hotel with a shuttle to the airport and within close proximity to Pearl Harbor. Although we weren't expecting much we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived via their airport shuttle around 7am, dropped off our luggage in their storage closet and spent the day at Pearl Harbor. We checked in upon our return later that evening. The room was quite large and the a/c worked great. It did overlook the pool so I was a little concerned about the noise, but we always bring a noise machine when we travel and turned out to not be an issue. This is an older hotel, but was clean and well maintained. The Airport Honolulu Hotel was perfect for our needs. We enjoyed a casual dinner poolside while the kids swam. The food was delicious!! Better than what we had at the 5 star resort on the Big Island! Would definitely stay here again...great location, affordable, and fantastic restaurant!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Aloha Charis B,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Airport Honolulu Hotel, we would like to thank you for your stay and complimentary review!

We are pleased to hear we were able to meet your expectations and provide a great stay! Thank you also for complimenting our restaurant. We do provide excellent options and quality and so thank you for your comments. We will share it with our staff!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If you're looking for a place to bring your pet cockroaches on holidays, then this it! They'll feel right at home among all the ones already in the rooms.
There's also a range of dogs barking into the night in the next room down.
And the staff, although they are there, leave much to be desired.

• Stayed July 2014
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Aloha Beccamaher,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Airport Honolulu Hotel this month.

We would like to extend a sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have a great pest control program at the hotel and so apologize this occured. We will bring this to the attention of our vendor.

The Airport Honolulu Hotel takes great pride in ensuring we offer a great product, along with great service and so we apologize we did not meet these expectations on this visit. We will share your review and use it as a learning tool for our departments.

Thank you again and hope you will consider us again in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!