“GREAT PLACE” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Honolulu Hotel

You added Airport Honolulu Hotel to your Saves list
Airport Honolulu Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96819 (Formerly Ohana Honolulu Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 35%
Ranked #65 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“GREAT PLACE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Its nothing fancy, but the staff members were really helpful. Rooms were clean, and the housekeepers were friendly and was always cleaning. One housekeeper that made it really comfortable was DELIA. She was so nice and very very helpful. The only downfall, was that the restaurant was not open everyday for dinner, and had to take a shuttle bus to places to get something to eat. But, it was still very good customer service....,!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Aloha Melry W,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Airport Honolulu Hotel, we are appreciative of your recent stay.

Thank you for acknowledging our housekeeping staff, especially Delia. She does exemplary work and is just one of our great staff! We do apologize about our restaurant not being open every night, but glad to hear you did try our sister property's restaurant.

Thank you again for staying with us and for writing a nice review and for your score. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
honolulu, Hawaii, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was originally staying at the Naval Lodge and they ran out of space. I came to the Airport Hotel because I could have my dog and was blown away with how nice they are. The rooms are simple and there is a mini fridge and microwave which makes it hard for extended stays. But there is a restaurant which is pricey but military receives a voucher to help offset the coast. The pool is nice and it is located close to the airport and Hickam, Pearl Harbor and Tripler. If you are coming for vacation it is away from the beach but the bus comes right out front and you can go anywhere on the island.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Aloha Erika G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing a review. We are appreciative of your comments and for describing our hotel.

We are accommodating to military personnel and so we are hopeful you will advise your colleagues if they need another venue to stay at. Our staff is appreciative of the military personnel that stays here.

Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

One of our less than positive hotel experiences - starting with a long wait for the shuttle, certainly not the 1/2 hour maximum we'd been lead to believe. And what a lot of money for what you get. We arrived with 2 kids in tow, only to be told that there was no food available at 8pm and we could wait for the shuttle to the other Hotel. No thanks, enough of the shuttle waiting. After getting my thoughts on that off my chest at reception and retrieving the key, as an aside the receptionist mentioned that there was a shop open within the hotel and we could buy microwaveable meals there. OK, well that would have worked except they sell 2 minute noodles but....there's no kettle in the room. Ignoring the noodle warning NOT to use the microwave to heat, we managed to scrape something of a meal together. And then settled in to a night full of partying next door, and the door next to that...and that. I gather a few military personnel were making the most of a get together. Anyhow, when I turned on the light to read, I noticed a couple of cockroaches on the bedside table were enjoying the music from next door. Hey, it's all just another travel experience....except this one cost us more than our nightly rate at the Hilton Hotel Waikoloa which was like comparing apples with shoes. Unless your flight times really are that tight, just pay the $40 extra to get a cab into Honolulu and stay at an actual Hotel. There were none of the usual benefits of an airport hotel (late night food, quick transfer etc) here.

Room Tip: Ask where the parties are and how to avoid them, as well as the motorway noise. Good luck with that...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Aloha Sonja64Sydney,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel.

After reading your review, we would like to extend a sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced. We also apologize we were not able to meet your expectations. We do have a restaurant located at our hotel and our sister hotel, which is only a quick 2 minute shuttle ride. The gift shop does provide additional options for meals and so we will look into what happened. Regarding the noise, we do take our other guests into consideration and so should this occur, please contact the Front Desk so we could have that situation addressed with.

I would like to hear from you, so if you would like please call me at (808) 837-5931.

La Marsa, Tunisia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

There's nothing fancy to this hotel. It's clean and comfortable, but far too expensive for what it offers. Though, maybe that's just Honolulu in general. The airport shuttle leaves every half hour I believe, and the hotel is close to the Navy Exchange (if you have privileges).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel fit our needs-a bed. The late evening airport pick-up and check-in went smoothly. We found that we had a roommate in our room-a cockroach. I had requested a superior room, but doubt that is what we got-I was only interested in getting to sleep rather than complaining to the somewhat inhospital receptionist. Wife appreciated the bathroom. In the early morning, the express check-out was convenient, then off to the airport again on the shuttle. I wouldn't want to spend more than an evening here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I arrived at the international terminal with 2 children, called the number as advised for a transfer, the front desk clerk asked me what number location we were at the airport, I said I couldnt see a number, she insisted it was above my phone, there was nothing she could do without it, I explained I was at the hotel calling booth at the international terminal and there was no number. She told me to get off the phone and find it she didnt have time to talk to me as she had calls holding. I hung up and spent time walking around with 2 toddlers trying to find the number she referred to then be told by the staff at airport the International arrivals does not have a number. I called the hotel back, someone else answered and they dispatched the shuttle. I got to check-in, where someone was being treated very rudely in front of other guests. I was happy to get to my room and have as little as possible to do with the front desk staff, as after a long flight I didnt want to take the brunt of their bad day. I paid over $220 USD to stay here for 1 night and chose it over the others in the area as I do prefer good service and quality. I didnt get it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Aloha Karen M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel during your most recent visit to Hawaii. On behalf of the staff and management, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

After reading your review, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I can sense the frustration you encountered and will speak to our staff regarding this matter. I believe there may have been misunderstanding as our operators ask for the baggage claim number so our driver will know your location. As I mentioned, I extend our sincere apologies for this and will ensure we communicate more effectively.

I would like to personally speak to you and so if you could contact me directly at (808)837-5931 it would be appreciated. I look forward to speaking with you and welcoming you back again.

Keaau, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a very convenient hotel located close to the airport. The hotel provides a 24-hour shuttle service from the airport to hotel and back to the airport. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. There is a Starbucks about a block away and other convenience stores but they close about 11:00 at night so if you are arriving after 11 you're out of luck trying to find something to eat. The food at the hotel restaurant is good but it is not open all day. Overall, it is a comfortable place to stay for one or two nights. It's more for people who are just passing through Honolulu on the way to somewhere else. It is not a place you'd want to stay if you are vacationing in Hawaii.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!