“perfect for a single night by the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Honolulu Hotel

Save Saved
You added Airport Honolulu Hotel to your Saves list
Airport Honolulu Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96819 (Formerly Ohana Honolulu Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 35%
Ranked #65 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
New Orleans, Louisiana
“perfect for a single night by the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I came to Honolulu for a dinner meeting and my company arranged this hotel as it is close to the hotel and it is VERY CLOSE! It is not noisy, and the airport shuttle is free, 24-7, on the 1/2 hour and hour. The staff had mixed recommendations on how early to go for my 5:52am flight, but I figured earlier was safest. So, I took the 4:30am shuttle and had more than enough time to spare. I might have even been able to take the 5am shuttle, but that would have cut it close and not fallen within the recommendations of when to get to the airport for TSA, etc.

Also, please note that there is a little strip mall of food shops, including gourmet pan pizzas about a block or so away. The Starbucks also opens at 4 or 4:15am, but I decided to skip it.

My room was clean and a normal size with 2 Double beds, dressing table and a small round table with 2 chairs.. The sister property is a Best Western and the manager works at both. This property is equivalent to a Best Western or other similar property. There was a dead roach in the far corner of the room, but I'm just really good at finding these things. No live bugs, and a clean mini-refrigerator and microwave. It was nice to be able to make a cup of tea in my room at 3:30am and it was nice to keep my bottle of water chilled during the day/evening. Coffee-maker and fresh coffee was included as well. Basic amenities were available in the room as well: lotion, shampoo, conditioner, iron, ironing board, etc.

I didn't use the pool, but soon after my check-in in the afternoon, the pool filled up with families enjoying one last night of vacation. The pool was clean from my window view and there appeared to be a handicapped accessible device at the side of the pool as well.

The restaurant didn't open up till 6:30am, I think, but there was a gift shop that opened up at 5, I think. The gift shop, which was in the far side of the lobby, had snacks for all different meals, including microwaveable food items. And, as I said, just a block out the back of the hotel was an entire array of food shops.

I had read all the awful reviews and called the manager prior to my arrival. He made it a point to greet me soon after my arrival. The staff were cordial, friendly and professional, regardless of whether I had mentioned trying to meet the manager.

Probably, the only thing, I didn't care for was the price tag, but the hotel is less than 5 min away from the airport. Otherwise, the place is fine. It's not noisy and while the decor is slightly worn, it's overall clean.

Room Tip: Pick a room near the back elevators, so that you can exit easily into the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Aloha Las Floras,

On behalf of the staff and management of the hotel, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel. Our proximity to the airport, our complimentary airport shuttle, our rooms, pool, and our staff are great reasons to stay here.
I would like to extend our sincere apologies about the dead bug in the room and we will follow up on that.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your honest review. Should you need any assistance if you return back to Hawaii, please let me know how our staff can assist you.
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent here 2 nights, it was short stopover after we arrived fromEurope via Seoul. We have arrived to hotel at 11.00 morning and we have got room even before 16.00, which we really appreciated especially after 25 hry travelling. I do not want describe more detailed hotel and rooms, because u can find it in other rewiews. What is important? Hotel and rooms was clean, not any bugs as was mentioned in some reviews. Staff was really very helpful and pleasent. Retaurant worked only 3 days, and meal is good, but 300 meters far away is several fastfoods - starbucks, sushi bar, hamburgers and others. So from my point of view, typical AirPort hotel with standard service for reasonable price (we webe 4 people in iné room) for short staying

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Aloha Jozi_trip,

It was a pleasure to read your review of the Airport Honolulu Hotel. I, along with the other managers and the staff of the hotel want to thank you for staying with us and for providing honest feedback of our hotel.
We do have clean rooms, our staff is very friendly and willing to assist, and have a restaurant with good food. Our location as well is a plus and so we are grateful you were able to enjoy your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again and hopefully not after a long flight!
NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ok for one night. We stayed here after our flight from the east coast of mainland USA. Clean and about 2 minutes from the airport. Very industrial area, next to highway; fairly noisy. Decent restaurant with super nice servers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Aloha nhrenee,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel while you had a one night stopover. Our staff and management are grateful for your review and score as well,

As you mentioned, although we are in an industrial area, we have a great location and our rooms are clean. We thank you for the positive comments about our servers in the restaurant. Our staff members are always willing to go above and beyond to assist our guests.

We look forward to your return and thank you again for your comments.

Misawa, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks while I was recovering from surgery. The housekeeping service was outstanding! Delia, made sure our room was always clean. Anytime we needed anything Delia made sure it was taken care of.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Aloha Milltravelers,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Airport Honolulu Hotel, thank you for staying with us for two weeks while you recovered from surgery. Thank you also for writing a review of our hotel and the "outstanding" service you received from Housekeeping.

Your comments about Delia will be shared with her department, along with the rest of our employees to show how much of an impact they have with our guests.

We look forward to your return and if there is anything you will need, please contact the hotel or myself directly!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

They helped us a lot with getting to know the area and helped with transportation before we were able to get a vehicle. Luckily, the pools had the towels out and available for us. I enjoyed the restaurant food and people, they knew me and my son pretty well. And Ms. Delia, was helpful when it came to keeping up with the room. Being polite, knowing my son was asleep. She also showed me to bag my son's nasty diapers so we didn't have to deal with the smell. Over all, we really loved staying with the airport Honolulu hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Aloha Momma_Alston,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally thank you for staying at the Airport Honolulu Hotel. We are appreciative of your review and score so other potential travelers will consider staying here.

Our staff, such as Delia are courteous and will go above and beyond to assist our guests. Thank you for mentioning all they have done for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Airport Honolulu Hotel soon!

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This has been a wonderful experience so far. I had excellent room service. I couldn't have had a better person to take care of our needs. Mrs. Delia is on time with all the things we asked for and very sociable. She made our trip even friendlier. Thanks a lot.

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the pool area are a lot better. More sun coming through the window and a nice vie...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Aloha Kristie C,

Thank you for staying at the Airport Honolulu Hotel and for reviewing us here. We are appreciative of the positive review and score you have given us.

Our staff, such as Delia are great reasons why we are able to exceed guests' expectations despite being an airport property. Our staff is willing to go above and beyond to satisfy all of our guests, not matter their length of stay.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us! If there is anything else we can do for you while you are here, please feel free to contact me directly at (808) 837-5931.

Ili'ili, American Samoa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

First, let me say that every single staff member I have encountered has been friendly, professional and helpful. From Kehau at the front desk for check in (thank you again!) to my wonderful housekeeper Marie and even the guy vacuuming the hallway when I had a problem with the doors (sorry I missed your name...) and even the concession store ladies have made the stay easy.

I have stayed here numerous (10+) times over the years, on a VA ticket, on gov rate and for personal travel. I understand the frustration of the higher rates, but the specific advantages of the location and convenience usually trump the cost. I would not choose to stay here for a "vacation", but for VA medical, military in/out and quick layovers it works.

The staff can help you get the bus to shopping, or walk to a small shopping area (5-6 min) or if you have ID there is a free shuttle to the NavEx/Commissary less than 10 min away.

If you rent a car, they do charge for parking (nearly every hotel on Oahu does...) and bear in mind that the parking spaces are REALLY tight (economy ok, compact better, big SUV forget it...)

They permit pets, and I have heard a dog barking occasionally, but not to irritation (more like makes me miss mine left at home...) and the housekeepers like animals!

If you are coming to Hawaii for a vacation, keep looking for a hotel that will meet your vacation expectations, but for a quick layover, a medical trip, or a family (all of the family; meow, woof) move to/from, this one should work for you too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Aloha Amy L,

I would like to thank you for your most recent stay with us, your review of the Airport Honolulu Hotel, and your continued patronage. On behalf of the staff and management, we are appreciative of your continued support of the hotel.

As you mentioned we have a great location and our employees assist all of our guests to the highest level. We strive to present a product that meets the highest of expectations and you can tell our employees take pride in what they do.

Thank you again for continuing to stay with us. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at (808) 837-5931.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!