“Ohana Airport treated us right!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Honolulu Hotel

Save Saved
You added Airport Honolulu Hotel to your Saves list
Airport Honolulu Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96819 (Formerly Ohana Honolulu Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 35%
Ranked #68 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Misawa, Japan
“Ohana Airport treated us right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks while I was recovering from surgery. The housekeeping service was outstanding! Delia, made sure our room was always clean. Anytime we needed anything Delia made sure it was taken care of.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Aloha Milltravelers,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Airport Honolulu Hotel, thank you for staying with us for two weeks while you recovered from surgery. Thank you also for writing a review of our hotel and the "outstanding" service you received from Housekeeping.

Your comments about Delia will be shared with her department, along with the rest of our employees to show how much of an impact they have with our guests.

We look forward to your return and if there is anything you will need, please contact the hotel or myself directly!

561 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

They helped us a lot with getting to know the area and helped with transportation before we were able to get a vehicle. Luckily, the pools had the towels out and available for us. I enjoyed the restaurant food and people, they knew me and my son pretty well. And Ms. Delia, was helpful when it came to keeping up with the room. Being polite, knowing my son was asleep. She also showed me to bag my son's nasty diapers so we didn't have to deal with the smell. Over all, we really loved staying with the airport Honolulu hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Aloha Momma_Alston,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally thank you for staying at the Airport Honolulu Hotel. We are appreciative of your review and score so other potential travelers will consider staying here.

Our staff, such as Delia are courteous and will go above and beyond to assist our guests. Thank you for mentioning all they have done for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Airport Honolulu Hotel soon!

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This has been a wonderful experience so far. I had excellent room service. I couldn't have had a better person to take care of our needs. Mrs. Delia is on time with all the things we asked for and very sociable. She made our trip even friendlier. Thanks a lot.

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the pool area are a lot better. More sun coming through the window and a nice vie...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Aloha Kristie C,

Thank you for staying at the Airport Honolulu Hotel and for reviewing us here. We are appreciative of the positive review and score you have given us.

Our staff, such as Delia are great reasons why we are able to exceed guests' expectations despite being an airport property. Our staff is willing to go above and beyond to satisfy all of our guests, not matter their length of stay.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us! If there is anything else we can do for you while you are here, please feel free to contact me directly at (808) 837-5931.

Ili'ili, American Samoa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

First, let me say that every single staff member I have encountered has been friendly, professional and helpful. From Kehau at the front desk for check in (thank you again!) to my wonderful housekeeper Marie and even the guy vacuuming the hallway when I had a problem with the doors (sorry I missed your name...) and even the concession store ladies have made the stay easy.

I have stayed here numerous (10+) times over the years, on a VA ticket, on gov rate and for personal travel. I understand the frustration of the higher rates, but the specific advantages of the location and convenience usually trump the cost. I would not choose to stay here for a "vacation", but for VA medical, military in/out and quick layovers it works.

The staff can help you get the bus to shopping, or walk to a small shopping area (5-6 min) or if you have ID there is a free shuttle to the NavEx/Commissary less than 10 min away.

If you rent a car, they do charge for parking (nearly every hotel on Oahu does...) and bear in mind that the parking spaces are REALLY tight (economy ok, compact better, big SUV forget it...)

They permit pets, and I have heard a dog barking occasionally, but not to irritation (more like makes me miss mine left at home...) and the housekeepers like animals!

If you are coming to Hawaii for a vacation, keep looking for a hotel that will meet your vacation expectations, but for a quick layover, a medical trip, or a family (all of the family; meow, woof) move to/from, this one should work for you too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Aloha Amy L,

I would like to thank you for your most recent stay with us, your review of the Airport Honolulu Hotel, and your continued patronage. On behalf of the staff and management, we are appreciative of your continued support of the hotel.

As you mentioned we have a great location and our employees assist all of our guests to the highest level. We strive to present a product that meets the highest of expectations and you can tell our employees take pride in what they do.

Thank you again for continuing to stay with us. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at (808) 837-5931.

Honol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our stay here has been very nice..we didn't have any problems during our stay. It was so convenient. Close to the hospital, stores and the complimentary shuttles. One the things we liked most about this trip was our housekeeper DELIA. She is a quick worker and always worked with a smile on her face. She is a committed and hard worker. Aside from her, the whole staff was super friendly and ready to help.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Waipahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

i never got so nice and great service from any hotel i have ever been... i was greeted, help and shown to my room so fast and so friendly... but the best part was the house keeper ( DELIA ) i never problems on the time speed and the cleanliness of my room. and the trust i have that i can leave my high value items on my room. such friendly and inviting staff kept my stay here one of the best hotel on the island... one negative parking is not enough and too small for my vehicle (SUV)

Room Tip: close to the airport ... free shuttle to the airport and the nex...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I don't understand the negative reviews here..we are currently staying at this hotel and are enjoying ourselves. We are getting ready to PCS off the island (we're military) and we are staying here for 9 days. We have not had one problem nor one complaint. The staff is friendly and the rooms are quiet, comfortable and very adequate. This is a perfectly lovely hotel. Yes, the decor is a bit outdated but still nice nonetheless.

Honestly, I think people just like to piss over small issues. Some people seem to have champagne taste with beer money. I'm only saying...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!