“Amazing Hotel on the beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bonus Points + Suite
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Grand Rapids
“Amazing Hotel on the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When we first arrived, we were a little disappointed to find our hotel room had two queen beds when I had booked a King. It was quickly resolved and they took $50.00 off our bill to compensate. The hotel was amazing! The hotel grounds were amazing and beautiful! Staff were friendly and always willing to go above and beyond to make you happy. The only thing I would say I would never do again is, go to the Luau. It was very expensive and the food was cold. The Hawaiian entertainers were wonderful and beautiful but, if I go again....and we plan to....I would do a Luau somewhere else. The beach was wonderful and clean. The restaurants were all great and I would recommend CJ's, the prices were good and the food was amazing! We ate there almost every day! Enjoy your trip and I hope we can get back as soon as possible!

Room Tip: get a room on the upper floors, chances are you will still get a ocean view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middletown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I visited the Hilton Hawaiian Village in January 2015 for a six night stay on Oahu before continuing to Maui. The accommodations provided a large King Size Room in the Diamond Head Tower with view of the Tapa pool, full internet, room safe and all the TV channels you care for. The Hilton Hawaiian Village has it all and is a remarkable beachfront resort with all the amenities! There is nightly music and entertainment with numerous activities. There are also numerous places to eat that will please any palette! You can spend as much or as little on dining and enjoy them just the same. The beach is beautiful with views of gorgeous Diamond Head. My room did not provide an ocean view but with a sharp left view, you could see it and the Rainbow Tower. There is ongoing construction of a new tower near the Diamond Head Tower but I didn't find it distracting and the noise was over by later afternoon. You won't find that inconvenient in my opinion. One word of caution is to be very careful what you bring to the beach and leave unattended as I had my beach bag stolen which included my camera, phone and some cash. Hotel security was right on the scene and provided much support. That was the only unfortunate circumstance of my stay! But it made me wiser and now I bring only what I can swim with. The beach bag was retrieved but no camera or phone and obviously no cash, but the shirt and sundries remained! So beware. It's a very crowded area with the beach front path going right through the hotel property and beach on its way to the marina. Aside from that incident I loved my visit and can't wait to visit again. When you visit, be sure to take in the Starlight Luau! The food was good and the entertainment was great as well. You won't be disappointed on your stay. You're far enough removed from the hustle and bustle of Kalakaua Avenue for a little quiet time, but only a short stroll of no more than 5 minutes to all of its action! Everything is right at your fingertips and the rooms are clean, comfortable, large and have the most comfortable beds!

Room Tip: Really any room is good.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

CARRIES GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS W/ A DEDICATED GLUTEN FREE FRYER!
Went to this restaurant due to their gluten free options. They have a separate dedicated fryer, but only turn it on for individual orders, so you will have to wait an EXTRA 20 mins for true gluten free fried food. I wouldn't have minded, except everyone else's food was made inappropriately earlier than mine, so I ate dinner basically by myself. They also have gluten free pizza crust and some cold salads. Drinks are overpriced, but food is reasonably priced for Hawaii. Nice atmosphere, we went more than once.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Johns Creek, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed 5/21-5/24/2015. As a hilton gold member we were upgraded to an ocean view room in the kalai tower. The room had very good amenities and was clean, however housecleaning was slow in arriving. Loved the selection of DVDs (both games and movies).

The food and drinks were outstanding along with the customer service. We really appreciated the amount of happy hour venues. We ate at the breakfast buffet, patio grill and Italian restaurant (fresco). The breakfast buffet was expensive but tasty. The $20 daily gold credit was helpful.

The luau was ok (could have skipped it). The fireworks show was better than the luau and cheaper (the drinks at both shows were like punch, unlike served in the bars).

The water slide pool a little scary, a lot of floating debris, and close one day I assume for the debris. The water was shut off one afternoon inconvenient even with forewarning.

Overall better than average.

Stayed May 2015
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Booked an OV room. First room we were given was in the Rainbow Tower on the 6th floor near the elevator with a view of a large tree and a SMALL view of the ocean. Returned to check in desk and was given a room in the Kalia Tower on the 23rd floor. Nice view of the ocean and hotel. Overall everything either met or exceeded our expectations except we did not have poolside service (drinks/food) at the Kalia Tower pool. When paying a resort fee of $30 per day I would expect there to be some sort of service at the pool area. I'm not sure if any of the other pool locations has this service or not. Location of the hotel, while within walking distance of downtown, is quite a long walk.

Enumclaw, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Very busy hotel - crowded beach with icky sand. Service is "okay", but nothing special. They are building two more towers, which will crowd the beach even more. I would choose the North Shore next time if I had to go to Oahu

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We werent too sure what to expect, due to the mixed reviews.. but we loved it.

We stayed 12 nights in an ocean front king Ali'i tower, the view was mind blowing.

Every thing in the room was perfect, housekeeping was of a high standard, leaving bottles of water ..the canapes on Friday and Saturday , were an extra touch , that we enjoyed, very much ...The fireworks were right in front of us.

The gardens and the surrounds immaculate, staff were very friendly.

Despite it being very busy, we never felt crowded, on 2 occasions we had to wait for tables , less than 20 mins,,including Mothers day.

The beach and lagoon area ..are just perfect, we found plenty of variety in the restaurants, and the ABC stores had heaps of choice,

Easy walking distance to Waikiki and the Ala Moana centre, and close to public transport,

We hired a car on two occasions and that was also an easy process,

We loved it here and will definately return

Room Tip: Ocean front Ali'i room, worth the money
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort? Share your experiences!