Upside: everything. Food, pools, bars, shops, concierge services, tourist services, loud or quiet the HHV has everything. From 5-star restaurants to Starbucks and even Round Table Pizza (okay, we didn't go there); the HHV has it all. Truly one of the finest beachfronts on Waikiki with an expansive beach, palm trees, killer sunset views, and enough activities for the kids to wear them out while the adults relax and refresh. Truly an outstanding and full-service resort.
Downside: the only real annoyance was the high-pressure push to attend a "time-share' presentation for one of the towers that is being converted (as we understand it) to a time-share. When we checked in we were give an exclusive card to get "discounts" at various shops. So we went to 'activate' the card and got slammed with a high-pressure push for the time shares. If we asked some innocuous questions of some of the desk-people (not the front desk folks, they were great!) the push nearly always came to attend a time-share presentation. If you like time-share presentations, fine...but if not watch out for the friendly folks who try to steer you there.
We also ate at the Tropics Bar and Grill (right on the beach) which had great food and killer sunset-views. With live-music to round out the evening, it was truly a very good experience.
You should leave occasionally to see the rest of the island and all Oahu has to offer. But if you just want to kick back and relax, the HHV is truly a 'complete' resort.
I will absolutely return to the HHV. First class all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the perfect mix of exceptional hotel accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. Imagine five spectacular pools, lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, exotic wildlife and priceless artwork. As Waikiki's only true resort, we offer a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations, over 20 restaurants and lounges, shopping, recreational and cultural activities, nightly entertainment and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu