My partner and I decided to go to Hawaii as we had never been before.. We were booked into the Hilton Hawaiian Village by our travel agent. I was quite surprised at how much it cost for 5 nights for a "partial ocean view room" (You only see the ocean when you stand on your deck and look sideways). You may as well pay for a room without a view.
We arrived on the Friday night, check in was fast, but the girl on reception treated us just like a number, I asked how full the place was and she said 100% full, so no chance of an upgrade there. We watched the fireworks which was pretty cool, a nice welcome to the island. Then decided after our 6 hour flight we would go get some dinner at the tropics restaurant, we were told it will be a 45minute wait. What the? Luckily the Italian restaurant on site had room available in the bar area and we ordered dinner and cocktails there. The cocktails were delicious, and the staff there very friendly and accommodating. As a side note we had an early dinner one night at the tropics bar (it was 4:30pm) we managed to get a table by the beach. We ordered a pesto and chicken pizza and some fries, and I have never seen anything so bad, we took two bites and left the rest. Imagine a dogs dinner, and that's what it looked like. After that we decided to eat out of the resort for lunch & dinner.
The ABC stores on site are overpriced, we brought pineapple and sugary cereal for breakfast everyday and the pineapple cost $3.99 for a small plastic container of it. Isn't Pineapple grown on the Island??! It was very tasty pineapple, but I just think it should be cheaper.
We were in the Tapa tower, unfortunately its a bit dated, instead of trying to sell us their timeshare stuff they should spend the money on upgrading this resort. I hear the rainbow tower is more modern. Our bed was nice and comfy, but no jug to boil hot water for cup of tea. You pay $25 resort fee daily for internet, movies, and resort tours of which we didn't use. You come out of the lifts and its like walking into a shopping mall, its so busy with people everywhere. The first night we found it hard to get to sleep, you can hear people slamming their doors in the rooms around you. Even if they don't slam them, they shut really nosily. Then the room next to us had some idiot banging and kicking the door, he had obviously got drunk and left his key with his friend in the room. This happened 2 our of the 5 nights, the second time it was a bunch of teenagers yelling and carrying on down the hallways. One of the nights we called security and they were excellent and came up straight away to deal with the noise. But you shouldn't have to put earplugs in when your staying at a resort.
On a positive note, the location of the resort is great, its right on the beach, and 10min walk to the city. We had our most fun at the beach, and laying by the pool one of the days drinking cocktails. If your a family, or you love crowds, perhaps this is the place for you, but if your a couple I would choose somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the perfect mix of exceptional hotel accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. Imagine five spectacular pools, lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, exotic wildlife and priceless artwork. As Waikiki's only true resort, we offer a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations, over 20 restaurants and lounges, shopping, recreational and cultural activities, nightly entertainment and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu