“Vibrant!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Melbourne
“Vibrant!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Loved the lagoon, it was beautiful, the waikiki beach nearby was pristine. Loads of activities, great location, loved the dining and bars, heaps of options. Close to centre of town and close to ala moana shopping centre. The only down side was the outdated rooms, old and tired.

• Stayed April 2013

7,261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,730)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is so far the only hotel I've ever stayed at when I went to Waikiki. It is in an excellent location - right at Waikiki and even has its own beach front. I LOVE its zoo-like setting with it's own pets: penguins, turtles, fish, parrots, etc. If you are a Hhonors Gold member, you would have access to the lounge for breakfast but don't expect much - only a few fruits, toasts and coffee/tea... or you can get $8 off for like a $30 breakfast buffet. I would just go elsewhere to eat or eat at many of the on-site restaurants... also have ABC drug store right on site so it's convenient to get water and late night snacks or souvenirs...

Room Tip: There are many towers.. rainbow tower is the closest to the beach but then it's also the pricies...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The HHV experience began for us at check-in where we were upgraded to a mini-suite with a lot more room than we expected. Granted, we were staying quite a number of nights with them, but it was a very pleasant way to begin our stay.
In terms of facilities, the HHV has many. The village shops are fun to look through and the grounds are just lovely. There are koi/african cichlid ponds throughout and all the colorful tropical landscaping you could want. There are many restaurants to choose from onsite, or you can easily walk to one nearby. The beach starts where the grounds end and there are heaps of swimming pools, including the slide pool to choose from. The lagoon is very clean but a bit chilly compared to the ocean.
In terms of location, it was spot on for us. We walked the 10 minutes to the Ala Moana shopping centre, an easy flat walk. To walk into central Waikiki it was 10 - 15 minutes walking in the other direction. Again, flat and easy. You could also walk along the beach into Waikiki which takes a little bit longer but is good for the scenery.
There are ABC stores onsite where you can buy practically anything you want; we found them good for souvenirs, cereal, milk, alcohol, salads and wraps etc for when you don't want to eat another enormous restaurant meal. We also bought our inflatable lilos there for $2.99, you'll see everyone with them at the beach.
If I had a negative, it would be the price of the onsite Xerox business centre. I wanted to print out a couple of restaurant vouchers I had been emailed and it would have cost $15 to use the facilities. It's something like $7.50 for 15 minutes, minimum 1/2 hour. My vouchers weren't worth that, so I didn't bother.
I stayed with my husband and two children and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I can say on their behalf that they loved it too. Shop around for the best rates. I used the AAA rate which is part of the RACQ/NRMA/RACV membership. You have to show your card at check-in as proof of membership.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village after a cruise and we are so glad we chose to stay here. Beautiful grounds, pools and location right on the beach. Our room was fantastic with a fabulous view and lots of bars and restaurants to choose from, loved sitting by the pool having a drink and also particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant. Loved the Friday night show and fireworks. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly and we received upgrades when we checked in. It was a great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village after a cruise and we are so glad we chose to stay here. Beautiful grounds, pools and location right on the beach. Our room was fantastic with a fabulous view and lots of bars and restaurants to choose from, loved sitting by the pool having a drink and also particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant. Loved the Friday night show and fireworks. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly. It was a great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm just glad I didn't actually use my own money to stay here. The lines were long and it was just crowded. Upon Check-in my reservation wasn't correct. I used HH certificates and points but I could not use both on the same reservation. The HH rep indicated that she would make a note so that the hotel knew to keep me in the same room for 5 days. I should have known that this would not happen. Of course, all rooms with a King bed were booked and I was stuck with a room with two double beds in the Rainbow Tower. The room was pretty nice and updated. The bed was tiny and uncomfortable for a couple to sleep on. I called the front desk to ask to move to another room and the only one they could provide was in the Tapa Tower. The shower curtain smelled musty like it hadn't been cleaned. I immediately regretted moving after I saw the room. It needed major rennovation to say the least and the oceanview was barely there. Valet was nonexistent at times. I don't think there were enough people working for the amount of people staying at that hotel. I was not a big Waikiki fan and will probably never stay here if I have to pay for it. I say if you are using HH points, try staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not the Tapa Tower.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hhvguestservices, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Aloha MaryLY7,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village! We are sorry to hear about the various challenges that you experienced during your stay at our resort. We truly regret that we were not able to succeed in rectifying the issues to your satisfaction. We appreciate you taking your time to write a review as well as providing us with feedback as it will assist us in improving our services to our valued guests. We hope you reconsider and provide us with another opportunity to service you again for a true Hilton Hawaiian Village experience.

Mahalo,

Hilton Hawaiian Village Guest Services Team
Milbank, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Overall staying at the village was a great vacation. The only complaint i have is when we checked in. We were told our tower was overbooked and we were being moved to another tower with two full sized beds. Not what we intended for our honeymoon. We had actually called two weeks prior to our stay to confirm we were in the rainbow tower and a king sized bed. It is my guess they try to take some people off guard and move them to a room in a less desirable tower and then use that king sized room with a view to try to get people to pay an amount to upgrade. Well a few quick no's to our check in lady - no if ands or buts about it- we got the room we knew we had booked. So beware of that tatic. Otherwise great pools, location, restaurant, etc.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort? Share your experiences!