“help from great resevations member of staff when enquiring from australia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort

Special Price
Suite Deal - 20% Off
Ranked #42 of 83 hotels in Honolulu
Sydney, Australia
“help from great resevations member of staff when enquiring from australia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

have planned big 1 month trip to hawaii over christmas, i am a hilton owner and honours gold member and sometimes when you ring direct to hotel you take pot lick in who you speak to and how helpful they are and how warm they are i just want to let everyone know that if there is any way you can request to speak to a resevations person whos name is Rowel Cascyan on the reservations desk do it even if you have to ask when it is a suitable time to ring him he is fantastic he is so easy to talk to he takes his time even with an old fossil like me and is a credit to his manager and the hilton name.if you have a problem just ring and ask for manager and she or he are just as lovely from my experience. have yet to travel leaving 19th december 2012 so cant fill in rest of questions

6,802 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,578)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chugiak, Alaksa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family stayed in the Rainbow Tower on the 26th floor in an ocean view king room a few weeks ago for 8 days. It was myself, my husband, and our almost 2 year old daughter. I was there for a conference, but we came a week early for some sun and beach. We had stayed there 4 years ago for the same conference, so we knew it is a busy, sprawling complex. The Rainbow Tower was nice and recently remodeled. Our room was roomy and we had a view of the Lagoon, harbor, and beach. Check in was fast, and non-hilton honors line was faster than the honors line. We appreciated this as we arrived around 8 pm with a very tired toddler! We valeted the first night and self parked the rest of the time. There is an empty fridge in the room which was great for our toddler's milk and snacks. We never heard our neighbors, even out on the lanai. There is an ABC store on site which is open late and has food and drink. The elevators in the Rainbow Tower operate by you putting in your floor and it tells you which elevator to go to. It was quite efficient. There is no room service available anymore, but you can get food to go at several places, and one place will deliver cafeteria type food for a fee to your room.

We received 2 towel cards each at check in, which was more than adequate. We spent time at the Lagoon, and at the beach directly in front of the Rainbow Tower. Both places were great for our toddler. She also loved the birds, fish, and penguins on site. We said hi to them all every day! This is a wonderful hotel for families. We had a wonderful dinner one evening at the Bali steakhouse, and they had a kids menu and gave our daughter crayons and a stack of pictures to color. They also gave her a beanie baby to take home which was just so nice!

This is a busy complex, especially on Friday night with the fireworks display, but it was never overwhelming. The staff were nothing but friendly and helpful, and the Rainbow Tower was very nice. We would return again.

Room Tip: Rainbow Tower--high floor
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I can't believe people have rated the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Oahu as 4 or 5 stars. Maybe they did so because they haven't had the chance to stay somewhere better so the less than average accommodations and poor customer service rates high for their standards. We checked in on a Thursday afternoon, and it appeared to be a very busy place. We obtained our keys and 2 towel cards (one per person) and headed to our room with the desk clerk pointing away from her. Are room was located in the Diamond Tower and we had an ocean view. The room was rather small and felt more like a dorm room than a luxury hotel. After waiting an hour, we call the bell stand for our luggage which appeared to have been lost. Finally it arrived and when we asked the bellman for details about the property - he couldn't provide any. The next day, I stopped by the Manager's Desk to ask for info about the hotel (where are the pools, where to trade in the card for a towel, restaurants location, etc.) - not only could he not help me, but there were no print out of this information. I was more than disappointment. We made our way to the beach front restaurants/bar - and was given a hard time by the hostess because we wanted to eat dinner. After the 3rd time to that restaurants, we decided we would not spend any more money at Hilton Hawaiian Village (HHV). Luckily the Hale Koa is right next door and as retired military we had access to that property. I felt that at the HHV - all they cared about was selling you something. It was never about making you feel great and providing excellent customer service (I would have taken good). If the room rate for the property would have been a couple of hundred dollars less, then I wouldn't have expected much. But this property is rated as a luxury 4 star properly. The only good think I can say is - great view on the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hhvguestservices, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Aloha R J,

Mahalo for choosing the Hilton Hawaiian Village! We are sorry to hear of your disappointing stay. Though we are happy our bell team was able to correct our delay with your suitcase, all of our team members are trained and empowered to go beyond their job duties to assist our guests. We thank you for sharing your concerns and look forward to providing you better service on your next visit.

New Bedford, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Heed my advise: Don't stay at the Hawaiian Village-nothing works! From the minute we checked in everything fell apart. Our stay in Hawaii started out awesome, it was supposed to be a 3 day working vacation. What made it awesome was we stayed at the Hale Koa next door to the Hilton Hawaiin for the first 3 days, however since we had to extend our stay unavoidably, they kindly moved us next door to the Hawaiin Village. WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT! If you like tourist traps this is your place. It's all for show and not comfort or service. First of all I couldn't get in my room, as the room key didn't work. Thankfully there was a phone in the upstairs (19th floor) hall, so I called for help. It took the security guard over 45 minutes to come up to let me in, while I sat in the hall with my bags, soaked to my bones (it was pouring outside). I just wanted a warm place to dry off. While I sat in the hall there were a bunch of kids running up and down the hall screeming like banshees, which was most pleasant. Once I got into the room I could not shut off the air conditioning. I tried putting the temperature up as high as it could go...but it wouldn't stop blasting out artic air. There also was a cold draft of air coming from under the front door, which had about a 2 inch gap, so I stuffed a pillow against the door. Since it was pouring & cool & windy outside I stayed in the room since I was still wet. I decided the best thing to do is to take a long hot shower. Nope. No hot water, just tepid lukewarm water. I literally cried, got into bed (at 3 in the afteroon) and watched tv shivering & freezing. I tried to blow dry my hair, but (you guessed) the blow dryer didn't work. I called downstairs and they did bring one up to me fairly promptly. I finally fell asleep..when at around midnight there was a huge fireworks show blasting right outside my window. Fantastic for the nerves. Scared the heck out of me. I will never, ever stay here again. I kept looking longingly out the window next door to the Hale Koa which was a MILLION times nicer, wishing they had a vacancy. Our stay at the Hale Koa compared to the Hilton was like night & day. Awesome vs tourist trap. We complained to management and thought they may do something for us, but they didn't. My husband often stays at the Hampton Inn ,which is affiliated with Hilton, and he's a member of HIlton Honors. He was surprised no one ever tried to make this up to us. The Hampton Inn has much better service than this particular Hilton. Haunted? I wonder.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha mich1210,

Mahalo for choosing the Hilton Hawaiian Village! We would like to extend our deepest apologies for the challenges you have experienced with us on your recent visit. We value our guests’ business and respect their time, and regret you have experienced these inconveniences. Our featured fireworks display sets off every Friday night at 7:45 following our Rockin Rainbow Revue. We appreciate you sharing your concerns so that we may address them with our team to improve and ensure our services and amenities live up to the Hilton standard. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to HHV in the near future.

Georgetown, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is my seventh trip to Oahu and my third stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It has been four years since our last stay, and each time we come there have been new things added. The Lagoon has now been fully completed, and adds so much to the property!!

On this trip, we stayed in the Rainbow Tower in a balcony room facing the ocean. It was wonderful to sit on the balcony in the morning with coffee and watch the sun come up over the beach and ocean, or during the day to relax and watch what was going on in the Hotel complex or on the beach. I think my favorite, though, is to sit on the balcony at night, and be able to see all the way down to Diamond Head. The lights and sights and sounds below are magical. Hawaii is like no other place, and a vacation at this hotel is vacation at its best.

One of my favorite things about the Hawaiian Village is how self contained it is. I sometimes run out of steam at the end of a long day. (Having fun can wear you out!) It is really nice to be able to go downstairs and find all kinds of shops, restaurants, entertainment, lounges, scenic walking paths, etc. all within a short walking distance.

The Hilton Hawaiian Village pays a lot of attention to detail, and it shows. The staff is friendly, available, and always eager to help.

This will probably be my last trip to Hawaii. This vacation is a wonderful memory to close with.

Room Tip: A balcony view of the ocean is worth paying for if you can afford it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband, sister, and 3 close friends spent 7 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. My my husband i had the pleasure of staying in a beautiful oceanfront suite, in the Rainbow Tower. Upon our arrival at Hilton Village, I was amazed by the professional, curious efficient, manner of the receptionists and other staff., Some members of the group required special assistance and we did not encounter a problem throughout our stay. The suite my husband and i stayed in was beautifully decorated, spacious, and provided an awesome view of the ocean, and marina. The trip to Hawaii was to celebrated my 50th birthday. The concierge on the property provided maps, coupon booklets, ,,etc, which were very useful for us to navigate and take advantage of all the resort had to offer. We thoroughly enjoyed out stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and will stay again!

• Stayed November 2012
Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for six nights in mid-November. We got a deal on the lodging in exchange for attending a sales pitch for a timeshare opportunity.

We arrived on a Monday about mid afternoon. As there was construction going on, so the traffic flow was a bit of a mess, such that I missed the turn for the main desk and had to go around the block, but I eventually made my way to the main desk. Check in was a debacle, but as it happens that is the only problem that we had at the property all week. The staff folks that I dealt with were very helpful and friendly; their process is just slow.

We were assigned a king room on the 11th floor of the Ali’I Tower. The balcony had a partial ocean view but really overlooked the main pool and grounds of the resort. I was told that this was a bit of an upgrade from the previous reservation as it was the only king room available at the time. Fine my me. The room had plenty of space with a couch and desk in addition to the king bed. The bathroom was also large and well appointed. My wife determined that we had a newly refurbished room and it did seem to be in very good shape. The only issue with the room was that the door was sticky (I had to give it a little kick to get it to open).

Overall I thought the Hilton Hawaiian Village was a great complex but really big and really busy. It has everything you need right there on the property (hey, its 22 acres so it ought to have everything!). Our room in the Ali’I Tower was more than adequate for our needs. We got a lot of use out of our balcony as well as the second floor lounge and fitness area. But even in the off season it was crowded; I would hate to see the place in the high season!

The only downside to the room was that we could hear the neighbors through the walls (one guy was a major league snorer!). It was not that you could make out conversations but you could hear muffled talked and snoring. This was not a real problem, but I found it surprising in a resort of this caliber and in a room that was recently remodeled.

The second floor pool, fitness room and lounge are reserved for guests staying in the Ali’I Tower, which was nice. I used the fitness center a few times. It is covered, but still open air. There were 3 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines and a couple reclined bikes plus weights. Water and towels were available. The exercise machines all had built in TV monitors. The pool is small, but nice and there was a small hot tub as well. The lounge served drinks from noon until 5:00 and had a full bar but only limited beer selection. The seating along the railing of the pool overlooking the beach makes a nice place to view the Friday evening fireworks display.

There were a variety of dining options on the property coverage all prices ranges and many types of food. We ate at Tropics (at the base of the Ali’I Tower) twice, once for dinner and one for breakfast. The food was very good but the price made it a marginal value. The Benihana was average at best. We did carry out from the Pronto Pickle (sandwich shop) and Round Table pizza and dined on our balcony which might have been the best option for a relaxing dinner.

We did the self-parking in the on-site garage. A couple comments on this. It is convenient and at $24/day not an outrageous cost. However, you need to swing the turn into the garage a little wide in order to be able to reach the keycard swipe pad to gain access. Also, be careful walking in the garage; there are no pedestrian walkways so you are vying with the cars as you make your way from your car to the elevator.

BTW, we did not buy a timeshare.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha OhioHick,

Mahalo for choosing the Hilton Hawaiian Village! Thank you for your patience and understanding of our current rejuvenation project. Your feedback for improvements and consideration of a timeshare purchase are greatly appreciated. Whether you decide to make a purchase in the future, or just plan to revisit, we hope you will allow HHV to serve you and your wife again.

Hilton Hawaiian Village Guest Services Team

Been to Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort? Share your experiences!