I stayed here late September and it was great! I was a little worried about crowds but when I arrived there was no wait to check in and the crowds weren't bad at all. Maybe it was the time of year that I traveled. You could spend your entire vacation here, you can eat, drink and play without ever stepping foot off the property.
When we arrived we were offered a room upgrade and received a partial ocean view in the Tapa Tower. It was perfect! We could watch the sunset every night. The Tapa Tower grounds did have some reno going on but we could barely hear anything. The new pool area is coming along though and should be a great addition to this already awesome resort. The room had a few little issues that I noticed like peeling wallpaper/paint but that was it. The bathroom was fine and the room was always clean and taken care of when we returned from hititng the beach. The elevators were quick as well and we never really had to wait for one.
The pool did get crowded quick and there is an issue with people "reserving" a chair by placing a towel and then leaving for most of the day. It would be nice if this was policed more but I'm not sure what could be done really. Because of the crowds we spent most of our time at the lagoon which was perfect. You could always find a spot, the water was nice and it wasn't nearly as crowded as the actual beach.
I checked out a few of the dining options and they were all pretty good. They were on the pricey end but it's a resort and I was on vacation. I don't have a problem spending money when I'm sitting in paradise! There are plenty of off-site options though that are more affordable in the area. If you have a family you might want to look into that since I'm sure for a family for 4 (or more) things add up quickly.
All in all, I was very pleased with the resort and the employees. Everyone we met was extremely nice, from the front desk to the towel stands to the tours desk.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Hilton Honolulu
- Honolulu Hilton
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the perfect mix of exceptional hotel accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. Imagine five spectacular pools, lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, exotic wildlife and priceless artwork. As Waikiki's only true resort, we offer a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations, over 20 restaurants and lounges, shopping, recreational and cultural activities, nightly entertainment and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.