We stayed in the Rainbow Tower for eight nights in interconnecting Diamond Head ocean front rooms (family of four with two older teenagers). One room was a junior suite with an interconnecting regular ocean front room. The view was simply amazing by both day and night. The rooms have been recently renovated and are appropriately appointed and furnished. The bathroom in the suite was large with seperate toilet area. The house keeping staff were friendly and very efficient and polite and nothing seemed to be a problem, our maid always left extra towels and toiletries for us.
The complex has many pools, restaurants, bars and shops. Being such a large complex there are lots of people. This is mainly way i didn't give it five stars in this review. With all the people the service whilst atentative is generally just getting the job done. This is not a bad thing but it is not what you expect from a five star hotel. At times you really were just another person not a guest as such. I was annoyed at times that staff were always trying to sell vacation units and sell hotel events. We got a grumpy check in attendant who obviously was not well suited to front office duties but that did not deter my stay in any way. That all said the choice was great and everything basically at your door step. We ate at CJ's several times and at tropics twice, great for quick full meals. The highlight was Bali steak and seafood, expensive but great food, excellent service and a beautiful ambience.
Having a proper beach adjacent to the pool area was a bonus as was the lagoon and lagoon pool with the water slides. Most evenings were spent on the beach watching the sun set followed by pool side cocktails. This was a great way to finish the day.
The hotel was about a fifteen minute walk to Waikiki shops, which was a pleasant walk.
direction There is a Doctors practice in the village, this came in handy for a quick visit. The doctor was extremely professional and you felt like you were seeing your own GP as the practice had that pleasant andreassuring feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the perfect mix of exceptional hotel accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. Imagine five spectacular pools, lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, exotic wildlife and priceless artwork. As Waikiki's only true resort, we offer a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations, over 20 restaurants and lounges, shopping, recreational and cultural activities, nightly entertainment and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu