I was here with my sister - and we both love to swim and have beach fun. We chose this location because it is a hotel ON THE BEACH, as well as being a luxury resort. It is a beautiful hotel. We stayed on the 33rd floor in the Tapa tower. We were supposed to have a garden view, but ended up having a beautiful view of the lagoon, and the Luau , Ocean and the Marina next door. They had not mentioned that the APEC conference was going to be there - so security was very tight, and we had to haul our luggage 4 blocks to get there - not the hotels fault. (President Obama, President Aquino, and many other world leaders were also staying there.) Other than affecting our travel - we didn't notice much - and chose to stay and play on the beach for the 3 days they were there.
everything is extra - Wifi about 18/day, gym 12.50day, parking I heard was 30/day - so be aware. Once we found out about free WIFI at the McDonalds - we were set, and I have new found respect for McDonalds restaurants now. The FREE (I am sure we actually paid somewhere along the line) LUAU show was Spectacular, and first class, but the meal was smorg, and mediocre. Knowing what I know now, the Friday night show and fireworks around the pool for $20.00 is worth seeing.
Some of the restaurants in the complex are very good - Sergios had a $20.00 3 course lovely dinner - and when we were there you could bring in your own wine or beer. This was our deal of the week. It was restaurant week - so many 5* restaurants had good deals on.
They also offer courtesy rooms to clean up before your flight if you have a red eye like we did, and plenty of places to store things for your trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the perfect mix of exceptional hotel accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. Imagine five spectacular pools, lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, exotic wildlife and priceless artwork. As Waikiki's only true resort, we offer a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations, over 20 restaurants and lounges, shopping, recreational and cultural activities, nightly entertainment and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu