We stayed at the Equus hotel after four days on the big island. Had we have come here first I would have rated this hotel higher. It just happened to follow a hotel that impressed us no end.
The Equus hotel is a good hotel. The location is just on the edge of town between Waikiki and Honolulu. It is within walking distance (5mins) to the Ala Moana shopping centre, and a 5 min bus ride to waikiki.
The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are on the smaller side, but are not cramped. There is a small fridge to keep drinks cold, and an ABC less than 100mts away to buy water, soda etc. The rooms were clean and the airconditioning worked well. The hotel is not sound proof, but it is not overly noisy at night to keep you from sleeping, just the occasional siren from emergency services passing.
We found we could access the pool in the building behind, that is a sister hotel. This pool is a lot warmer than the small one in the Equus, as it is in the sun all day, and has a hot tub attached too.
We found this hotel perfectly adequate to meet our needs. It was clean, had easy access to everything either by walking a short distance, or on the bus, and the staff were helpful. The only down fall to this hotel was the 20 stairs you had to climb to get to reception and the elevator to the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Equus is a charming boutique hotel located on Waikīkī’s “Upper West Side” where you will find an abundance of restaurants, easy access to one of the world’s largest shopping malls, a quick stroll to the beach and gorgeous sunset views. The hotel guestrooms are warm and contemporary, keeping true to the hotel’s equestrian theme with Ralph Lauren-inspired touches throughout. An intimate lobby and lanai offer a dipping pool, gazebo and a weekly cocktail reception.All guestrooms are appointed with cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerator with freezer, Keurig coffee maker with organic coffee, and complimentary full property WiFi. Portable printers can be delivered for those on business. Best of all, the friendly staff offers the kind of personal assistance delivered with Aloha that only a small, family-run hotel can offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Equus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equus Hotel And Marina Tower
- Equus An Aqua Boutique Hotel
- The Equus Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu