Booked for a recent convention and had an excellent stay. When there was a problem with our TV, the front desk sent up a maintenance man promptly, who took care of the issue immediately and courteously. Only issue was that I wasn't able to check in early (although I saw several other people receive keys while I was waiting). However, in the hotel's defense, I was there about 45 minutes before the official check-in time. Front desk staff was generally pleasant. I agree with an earlier review that it was somewhat loud at night, since you're on a major roadway (we were on the 7th floor). I didn't necessarily have difficulty sleeping, perhaps because a roommate put on a white noise app on her phone during the night, but it may be an issue for some. Walk to the convention was easy and quick if using the back entrance (maybe 10 minutes). Wireless Internet quality was good, and rooms were nice and clean. The hotel prides itself on minimal environmental impact, which I thought was great. Be aware that there is no elevator to the ground level (which makes carrying luggage to/from the street difficult), and the elevator between floors is quite slow. It's also kind of in between downtown Honolulu and Waikiki, so expect a long walk (but doable) or bus ride to either.
- Also Known As:
- The Equus Hotel And Marina Tower
- Equus An Aqua Boutique Hotel
- The Equus Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Equus Hotel is a charming boutique hotel located on Waikīkī’s “Upper West Side” where you will find an abundance of restaurants, easy access to one of the world’s largest shopping malls, a quick stroll to the beach and gorgeous sunset views. The hotel guestrooms are warm and contemporary, keeping true to the hotel’s equestrian theme with Ralph Lauren-inspired touches throughout. An intimate lobby and lanai offer a dipping pool, gazebo and a weekly cocktail reception.All guestrooms are appointed with cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerator with freezer, Keurig coffee maker with organic coffee, and complimentary full property WiFi. Portable printers can be delivered for those on business. Best of all, the friendly staff offers the kind of personal assistance delivered with Aloha that only a small, family-run hotel can offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Equus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.