“Fantastic staff!! First time in hawaii” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Fantastic staff!! First time in hawaii”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Maid service was perfect!! Kitchenette saved us a lot by not having to eat out every night. The savings went twoards attractions. We kept the huge picture window open to enjoy the amazing view of the beach. We had a few pests but Adrian came up right away with bug spray and that's all we needed. Also, ms. Linelle, the concierge makes a to die for Equus signature spiked Hawaiian tea. She is so friendly and told us how to save $$$$ at the Pearl Harbor attractions, I.e. Arizona, uss missouri, and aviation museum. Only complaint besides bugs was a women named Renee. Internet did not work in our room and all she did was pass me along to Internet customer service. Who in turn will call back within 24 hours.. Not good. Then when I did get a call back I was told he spoke to Renee and she knew all along the last guest changed the password. Why wasn't I told this from the beginning? Eventually tech support helped me, not Renee. But thanks to the rest of the staff, will for sure be back.. Thank you again Adrian and Linelle..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
equusmgmt, General Manager at The Equus Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Michelle D,

Mahalo for your review of the Marina Tower Waikiki. We apprecaite your kind comments and will share your thanks with Adrian, Linelle and the rest of our staff. We are sorry to hear that you had an issue in your room, and we would gladly move your room the next time, if you require. We appreciate that you let us know, and we were able to assist in taking care of the matter immediately. In regards to the wifi, we apologize for any miscommunication- however most issues go through the company directly, and they would need to adjust the password if someone had altered it. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and we will be sure to adjust our procedure so that it does not happen again.

Please let us know when you next plan to return, and we would be happy to accommodate any requests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

mariah@equushotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Pago Pago, American Samoa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

First and for most I would like to express my sincere thanks to our heavenly father for this opportunity, I would love to give a special thanks to the boss/owner and the lovely staff's of the EQUUS HOTEL for the professional service in welcoming us to your hotel, I love the hotel and your friendly people especially your front desk people, Princess Kolokika Ilalio, Queen Puka and the lovely Miss Renee, thank you so much for everything, serving us with the smile each day and make us feel special.

This is like my fourth time at you beautiful hotel, I come back and share with my people about it and some of my co-works, friends and family come and stay at your hotel, I also get the same feed back from them, and this are the same names that comes up, team work a guys, keep up the good work and I love you all.

Oh one thing about Equus that I can never forget are there conformable rooms, a lot of space and clean, the service they provide everyday in changing our towels and etc. excellent thanks to the ladies that clean our rooms daily. The showers and the bathrooms are nice and clean.

I will be seeing you again next month and that will be June, I hope your boss will consider a special surprise for you folks, keep up the good work, team work guys and make your boss happy with the hard work you do each and every day.

I love Equus Hotel

Caroline Stowers

Room Tip: I love my room #401, I just love the view, and it's comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
equusmgmt, General Manager at The Equus Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
620carol89,

Mahalo for your wonderful review and praise of our team members. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your time with us, and will continue to return. Welcome to our Equus Ohana, we look forward to hosting you in the future!

Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

It any endeavor it is always a pleasure to see professionalism demonstrated…
this hotel is professional albeit it small

Most reasonably priced Waikiki Branson hotels are worn out as are their staffs.
The Marriott extended is a welcome contrast and is very well run!
First, it is clean and the staff is as welcoming and eager to help, one would believe they are in the far east where hotels are excellent --- Good attitudes.

Especially Rene, a Hawaiian star, who welcomed me from a long journey - arranged for all to work - a perfect room.

My two demands for a hotel room are a firm bed and a generous shower They score A+ on both counts
Their rooms are modern and easy to operate. In short you do not need a Ph.D to use the TV or lights.... or use the shower !

They are well located and a shot distance from many restaurants, shows and attractions in Oahu/ Waikiki an easy walk to all spots -- nearby great mall.

The elevator was bit slow - worst item I could find...

In short

Good value

I will be back

Room Tip: Call ahead be sure if you are running late pack wisely Hawaii is warm
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ptb2929,

Big Mahalos from our Ohana at The Equus Hotel. We appreciate your comments, and always look forward to your visits. Thank you for your continued support. We will strive to impress each time you return. Until next time!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed there for a couple of days in the Summer of 2012, it was our first big vacation since my dad passed earlier that year, and we really had a great time during our stay there. Your staff was so gracious and accomodating, we were travelling with 7 kids between my brother and I...so you can only imagine how much fun that was...LOL. Kika, Rene and Puka were so helpful, just made our stay there much more enjoyable. We would definitely stay there again! Mahalo for making us feel at home! Until next time....

• Stayed July 2012
eisaia94,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to have been able to experience the entire family's vacation, and get to know you better. We hope to have provided a memorable vacation for you all. We look forward to your return!

Waianae, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

first I would like to say that your staff was excellent from your bellman to your front desk clercks . the atmoshere of the hotel was relaxing and made us feel very welcome . we so enjoyed our stay there and wiould like to make it a yearly stay . our convention happens every year and the location is just perfect . as for the room it was clean and I love the energy saver you installed . eveything about our room was excellent . we sure did enjoy our 2 days there thank you to your staff . for making our stay very enjoyable and relaxing ..

mahalo Kumu Hula Twyla Ululani Mendez

kwyla m,

Many mahalos for choosing to stay with the Equus Hotel during your Hula convention this year. We were privileged to have you stay with us, as we know there are many options in Waikiki. It is a pleasure to have hosted you, and we hope to continue hosting you each year!

Pago Pago, null, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. From being greeted with a glass of ice cold pineapple juice, to being served a plate of fresh cut pineapple when I got to the room, to the friendliest staff ever, I had to double check my reservation to see if I had paid for an executive suite!! LOL! I felt like a VIP the moment I got there til' the day I left. Rene, Puka, Justin,Kika, and the housekeepers (who does an amazing job), THANK YOU for making my stay in Hawaii a great one. Your aloha spirit was truly felt by this traveler. THANK YOUUUU!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dora S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We will pass along the praise to our team, and be sure they are recognized for their efforts. We are happy to be part of the memories created during your time in Hawai'i, and will look forward to your return!

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Aloha
I always return to Equus Hotel..this time i booked the one bedroom apartment ....i love it..the interior is woooowww...super stylish....i dont want to leave already.
Beautiful Rene which is the manager of the hotel bring me a bottle of  sparkling wine produced from grapes grown in the Champagne region of
France ..i feel spoiled already by the staff of the hotel...Puka and Rene in my eyes represent hawaiian hospitality..aloha spirit...ohana..good mana..so rare to find nowadays
This hotel is really amazing and unique...i highly recommend..have an excellent location..rooms are so beautiful...european style..everybody work so hard to maintain this hotel to high standards of quality so people who visit this hotel to feel like home.
I am always happy to return everytime i travel Honolulu i book this hotel ..simply becouse i love it.
Thank you from my heart Puka and Rene it is a great honour to meet you..my respect for you both.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to The Equus Hotel? Share your experiences!