We stayed here twice (3 nights in early April and 2 nights in late April) on our way to mainland USA, mainly as a break for our young kids. The hotel was at the 'quieter' end of waikiki. I would agree with this as downtown waikiki is like the Gold Coast but in a smaller area...lots of tourists, not surprisingly. It was noisy given that the streets around the hotel were being resurfaced at the time. Check-in was relatively painless, although it didn't accept the credit card I offered (twice) whereas this was no problem in mainland USA. The 1 bedroom unit we had on the 31st floor was great for us. It was clean, well presented and the view soothed us from the noise eminating from the street below. It was good for us to have an extra room to get the kids to bed. The kitchen was good for preparing meals as Honolulu, especially waikiki, is a bit pricey when it comes to food (and pretty much everything else). Try the Safeway...its amazing... which is about a $7 cab ride (or 20 min walk) outside of waikiki. The pool was good, although a bit breezy. Internet access was good to have to keep in contact with family at home. The beach is a short walk, even for young kids! Prepared food is relatively available. There is an ABC store nearby. There is a 'Wolfgang Puck Express' for good pizza and salads. There is also a Subway and Starbucks. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel, it certainly suited our needs for a little extra space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spectacular views of Diamond Head, the blue Pacific, or the Honolulu city lights. Well-suited to families and centrally located in a quiet residential neighborhood just over one block from famous Waikiki beach, this resort offers relaxed island-style living in spacious one and two-bedroom suites with complete kitchens and private lanais. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aston Waikiki Sunset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Hotel Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Sunset
- Waikiki Sunset Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Sunset Hawaii/Honolulu