We were intrigued by this hotel when we researched hotel options for a one-night stay in Honolulu on the way to Maui. We wanted to stay directly at Waikiki beach but were turned off by the chains' standard offers at exorbitant prices for an ocean front room. So we opted to take a risk, considering it was just for one night.
What a pleasant surprise! We liked our ocean front room on the 11th floor and cherished sitting on the balcony and looking at Waikiki beach and the bustling activity on Kalakaua Avenue below. The building's strange circle shape, the reception behind glass (not bullet-proof, as one prior reviewer had suggested), the quirky pastell blue color scheme in the room, the small Motel 6-like window A/C (which we did not need at night), the functional small bathroom--all of this reminded us of travel in a different period, in a very positive way. We commend the owners for having preserved many of these characteristics and for having avoided a cookie-cutter modernization of the rooms akin to the thousands of chains' hotel rooms on the strip.
We also found the hotel price very competitive for Waikiki. There was, of course, a resort fee of USD 15 for "amenities" that many guests probably won't use (like movies), and we paid USD 15 for parking below the hotel. All of this is what needs to be expected for a stay in Waikiki and it thus did not bother us. We would recommend an ocean front room, for the views; traffic noise was not an issue on the 11th floor, and the A/C noise from neighboring hotels was far enough away that it did not spoil our marveling at the view.
So pick the Aston Circle if you enjoy--like we did--reliving some of the 1960s/1970s feeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Aston Hotels & Resorts, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu