My wife and I booked this hotel for our first trip to Honolulu as we wanted to be right on the beach, but also didn't have the budget for the Outrigger style hotels. This hotel is right in the middle of the action, we found the location to be perfect as most tourist attractions pick up at the corner right next door. The reception desk is a drive thru window style setup right before the elevator. The room had an awkward layout, no doubt due to the circular design of the building. They don't offer single bed rooms, so we had a double bed room which made the room feel cramped as walking space was limited. The bathroom was small and the shower doesn't give you hardly any room to move.
They do have a refrigerator in the room as well as a desk and closet area. There is a TV and PS2 gaming system which can be used to play the games or DVDs which can be checked out at the reception desk. WiFi is a little spotty, but free none the less. They do not have microwaves in the rooms, this was something that I didn't expect. I have never had to look at the amenities listed on a hotel website to verify that a microwave is available, but I will start now... Since there was no microwave you had to basically eat out every meal or eat chilled products. The halls and elevators are not climate controlled and seem musky and hot at all times.
Decent price for a decent hotel. Read through the hotel website and make sure that they have all the things you want. We were disappointed to find no microwave, but checked the website to find that was our fault as one was not listed. Location is good, but rooms are small and provide an awkward layout. The beds were average as well, they weren't the worst beds, but they weren't bad either. Housekeeping is incredible, they come by at all hours of the day to clean, if you end up sleeping until 2pm, that is fine, just drop the door hanger out that says cleaning needed whenever you go out and they normally will have finished within an hour or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu