“Great if Location is your only concern” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2464 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Ranked #26 of 83 hotels in Honolulu
Del Valle
“Great if Location is your only concern”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I am a travel nanny so I was on business with a client and their hotel next door Aston Waikiki Tower which is gorgeous was booked so I was given a room here as it is right next door. I really not sure why what I experienced makes me feel that this place barely rates an average when so many seem to like it. When I priced it for our time frame it was averaging $145 a night for a city view and about $180 for an ocean view. May others got such a great deal that this place was okay.

Pros: Great Location. Yes it is a noisy busy tourisy part of Waikiki but it is nice to walk out and just be where all the action is in the am or evening.

Very nice staff and housekeeping. Reception does remind you of a drive thru window but the folks are nice and helpful.

Cons: Rooms are very small. The city view room I had looked over the air conditioners and faced the hotel behind me. You felt you had to keep your curtains closed and that made the room very dark as the lights are not bright. Granted, it is a circle hotel so that wedge room doesn't allow much room for walking.

Pros: Saving grace on this small room is there is this tiny little L shape at the end where there is a desk so you can set up your computer. If you can use cable plug for your computer, it is free.

Cons: Noisy area and the wind was something else the two days there. My breeze door literally rattled so much at night I was afraid it would fall off! Even if you didn't want the air conditioner on, you had to have it on to drown out the noise.

I can handle small bathrooms, no problem. But the tub would not hold water and I bathe the kids in my room sometimes and we had to stuff wash clothes around the drain to hold water.

I rate it average because of the location. Bed comfort is okay but pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable but then I have a thing for needing decent pillows. For a lot of folks this is minor.

I am coming back to Honolulu with my husband in February and when trying to find a budget but decent hotel, when this one would come up on the sites, the price was usually around $145 and to be honest, not worth it to me. Maybe the ocean rooms would be brighter and more appealing but not for the price offered,.

I feel like I am the only one here that felt it was like a Motel 6! Despite the great location, I really would not choose to stay here by choice.

Room Tip: If you are determined to stay here, get an ocean view as I walked into one of those and it seemed mu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

540 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My friend and i are in our early 20's, and we chose to stay at the hotel as we were looking for a hotel stay on a budget and this was recommended to us by an older couple. When i initially got to the hotel i freaked out a little bit because the hotel "lobby" is nothing more than a desk enclosed with security screening in an otherwise open/outdoor area. We arrived early and they gave us the option of taking a room on the third floor, or come back later and go on the tenth (both city view). We chose the latter based on trip advisor views, and we were glad about this decision.
We stayed for two weeks and during this time we found the staff lovely and extremely accommodating, especially given we were probably a little bit noisier than the older couples that make up their usual clientele. Of particular mention is our maid, and also the night watchman (an iranian man). Sorry i cannot remember either of your names!
In terms of the room i loved the colourful atmosphere and compared to other hotels "standard rooms" I found the room to be quite reasonably sized, and my friend and i were never pressed for room. I can see how it might be difficult though if you had more than one child, or anyone older than pre-school age.
The only downside of the hotel is probably the size of the shower and the low water pressure. The air conditioner i found to be not too noisy, and it was incredibly efficient meaning we rarely had to have it on. As for the lack of the lobby/porter/pool: you get what you pay for. Don't expect such luxuries for such a cheap price (it cost us $1800 for two weeks). Besides, with the beach literally across the road you don't need a pool.
I have also stayed with my family at the sheraton princess kaiulani before, and i can assure you these rooms were a lot nicer and cleaner, beds a lot more comfy, and the air-conditioning a lot more efficient.
Would i go back to the circle again? Absolutely. Would i recommend it to others? Book now!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

First impressions are lasting impressions... service provided by Naomi at front desk was flawless followed by John and Guy who also served me. This Hotel welcomes you with Hawaiian warmth and a sense of family. Location, Location and a hop and a skip to the beach, transport is literally at your doorstep,,, not to mention ABC stores.. blink they are everywhere! The rooms are smallish but i was really never in my room but to sleep, shower and drop my bags and bags of shopping. Housekeeping was efficient and i felt safe at all times staying there. The decor of the rooms were clean and made you feel at home. Lets talk views... i had Partial Sea views and was in awe of the ocean and the city views. I loved my stay at the Circle and my 50 th Birthday in Hawaii was MAGICAL. Mahalo!

Room Tip: Higher level for the VIEWS!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The location of this hotel it absolutely perfect. You are close to all the shops, night life restaurants and beach. The rooms were clean and functional. The hotel staff were always very helpful and friendly. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: the higher up the better!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
big island hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The room was very clean, smelled fresh, the beds were nice, pillows a little flat and hard but other than that not bad. Balcony looking at Waikiki beach, desk and chair, wifi, flat screen t.v, refrigerator, safe. The room was small but bright colors and amenities didn't make it seem too small. A bit noisy at night, being right on Kalakaua Blvd. but great location. Close to good restaurants and shopping. Restaurant in the lobby, ABC next door. Nice, friendly staff. Parking is limited. I'd stay again

Room Tip: I got the ocean view which did overlook Waikiki. They say all rooms have a view but I don't know...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at Waikiki Circle for 4 nights in july 2012. Our room was on the seventh floor and had a partial seaview over Waikiki beach. The room was very small but nice, the bathroom was newly renovated I think. We didn't spend so much time at the hotel but they have a nice free movie/games-rental services if you like to spend the time inside. Each room have a playstation! =)

The location is perfect since you just go right outside and cross the street to get to the crowed Waikiki beach. Right next to the hotel you have Eggs n things and each day the line is loooong to get breakfast/lunch/dinner there. Hotel guests have a discount.

The staff was friendly and guests can borrow beach towels each day. To the right of the elevators you have a tourist agency that helped us book a helicopter trip over Oahu.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockton, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Aston Circle the week of Thanksgiving. The view from the balcony was amazing!! It is a great location - close to the beach, shopping, restaurants! I would definitely stay there again. The location and price make it the perfect choice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!