I am a travel nanny so I was on business with a client and their hotel next door Aston Waikiki Tower which is gorgeous was booked so I was given a room here as it is right next door. I really not sure why what I experienced makes me feel that this place barely rates an average when so many seem to like it. When I priced it for our time frame it was averaging $145 a night for a city view and about $180 for an ocean view. May others got such a great deal that this place was okay.
Pros: Great Location. Yes it is a noisy busy tourisy part of Waikiki but it is nice to walk out and just be where all the action is in the am or evening.
Very nice staff and housekeeping. Reception does remind you of a drive thru window but the folks are nice and helpful.
Cons: Rooms are very small. The city view room I had looked over the air conditioners and faced the hotel behind me. You felt you had to keep your curtains closed and that made the room very dark as the lights are not bright. Granted, it is a circle hotel so that wedge room doesn't allow much room for walking.
Pros: Saving grace on this small room is there is this tiny little L shape at the end where there is a desk so you can set up your computer. If you can use cable plug for your computer, it is free.
Cons: Noisy area and the wind was something else the two days there. My breeze door literally rattled so much at night I was afraid it would fall off! Even if you didn't want the air conditioner on, you had to have it on to drown out the noise.
I can handle small bathrooms, no problem. But the tub would not hold water and I bathe the kids in my room sometimes and we had to stuff wash clothes around the drain to hold water.
I rate it average because of the location. Bed comfort is okay but pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable but then I have a thing for needing decent pillows. For a lot of folks this is minor.
I am coming back to Honolulu with my husband in February and when trying to find a budget but decent hotel, when this one would come up on the sites, the price was usually around $145 and to be honest, not worth it to me. Maybe the ocean rooms would be brighter and more appealing but not for the price offered,.
I feel like I am the only one here that felt it was like a Motel 6! Despite the great location, I really would not choose to stay here by choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu