My friend and i are in our early 20's, and we chose to stay at the hotel as we were looking for a hotel stay on a budget and this was recommended to us by an older couple. When i initially got to the hotel i freaked out a little bit because the hotel "lobby" is nothing more than a desk enclosed with security screening in an otherwise open/outdoor area. We arrived early and they gave us the option of taking a room on the third floor, or come back later and go on the tenth (both city view). We chose the latter based on trip advisor views, and we were glad about this decision.
We stayed for two weeks and during this time we found the staff lovely and extremely accommodating, especially given we were probably a little bit noisier than the older couples that make up their usual clientele. Of particular mention is our maid, and also the night watchman (an iranian man). Sorry i cannot remember either of your names!
In terms of the room i loved the colourful atmosphere and compared to other hotels "standard rooms" I found the room to be quite reasonably sized, and my friend and i were never pressed for room. I can see how it might be difficult though if you had more than one child, or anyone older than pre-school age.
The only downside of the hotel is probably the size of the shower and the low water pressure. The air conditioner i found to be not too noisy, and it was incredibly efficient meaning we rarely had to have it on. As for the lack of the lobby/porter/pool: you get what you pay for. Don't expect such luxuries for such a cheap price (it cost us $1800 for two weeks). Besides, with the beach literally across the road you don't need a pool.
I have also stayed with my family at the sheraton princess kaiulani before, and i can assure you these rooms were a lot nicer and cleaner, beds a lot more comfy, and the air-conditioning a lot more efficient.
Would i go back to the circle again? Absolutely. Would i recommend it to others? Book now!
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Waikiki Circle
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Loews Hotels, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Agoda, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.