“Comfortable room, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2464 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Special Offer
15% OFF FALL TRAVEL
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Pahoa, Hawaii
“Comfortable room, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Though the room was small, it was comfortable and not claustrophobic. Beds were nice, pillows a bit hard and thin. Shower only, no tub. Balcony was nice, view of Waikiki Beach across the street. Nice size flat screen t.v. bright colorful decor. Desk, refrigeraton and safe included. Ther is a $10.00 resort fee per day and a $15.00 parking fee. Ice is downstairs. I liked the room, was convenient to good restaurants, shopping and the beach. A bit noisy at night from Kalakaua Ave but I'd stay there again. Good value.

Room Tip: All rooms are supposed to have some ocean view, I got upgraded to the ocean view so can't say wh...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Turkish first
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is one funky establishment! If you want something that combines retro architecture with old school rooms and a view of the Pacific that will make you see new shades of blue and turquoise that heretofore you have never witnessed, this is your one-stop time machine. The only thing that's missing here are Ozzie and Harriet. Oh, by the way, the price is old school as well; such a deal!

Rooms are just as you see them in the traveler photos...small, quirky, and with a shower that is okay for little people such as my wife and myself, but a nightmare for offensive linemen and amazons.

The front desk people were very friendly and helpful with everything and will bend their palm trees over backwards to help you with directions, restaurant suggestions, and just about any of the 'ins and outs' of Waikiki.

Many of the Waikiki Circle reviews talk about the location; it is spectacular. I cannot even fathom that there is a place that is more appropriately placed within a five minute walk of just about anything that matters. (I chuckle when I see the reviews about the Aston Waikiki Circle being close to an ABC Store....what isn't? Throw a rock in the air with your eyes closed and you will hit an ABC Store. They are everywhere!).

First trip to Waikiki? Want an ocean view? On a budget? This is the place.

Room Tip: "Ocean view or ocean front. If not, keep searching."
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Aston Circle was good value for money .. we stayed at a different hotel the 1st week of our hawaiian trip and then checked into Aston Circle. We have passed the hotel and didnt think much about the front lobby and the big queue at the restaurant in front . We hoped it would be as good and the Circle didnt disappoint. True, the room was small but you are out for most of the day either at the beach or doing some other activity at another part of the island. It was clean and that was a big plus for me. We booked the ocean view and it was amazing and relaxing just checking out the waves in the morning to sitting on the balcony come 5pm to enjoy the sunset. I would stay at the Circle again.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor with an ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Nov 12 - 24, 2012. Check in was easy & quick. Staff where always friendly, helpful & doing their job well.
We shared a small room with 2 beds. We travelled with our two small children. One the negative side our room was very tiny - located on the side of the hotel, 3rd floor. We were above the garbage bins. I found it loud in the morning. A few times the crashing sound of the garbage truck would wake me up. Our toilet backed up 3 times for no apparent reason. Each time they would quickly fix the issue. The shower was very small and designed in a odd shape. This made showing the children annoying. My husband is 5'11 and his feet hung off the edge of the bed, so while they seemed like "full" beds I think they were a bit on the small side. The air con was very old and loud. Next time we are trying another hotel. All in all its a 3 star with a great location.

Room Tip: Pick a higher room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

This is my honest review on this hotel,this hotel is right on the main road across from the beach no shuttle buses drop you off in the driveway only on the main road outside the hotel,this is what our driver told us.watch out for the traffic when you get off the shuttle the main door is on the right hand side so we had to hop out into the traffic oh by the way to bad if you got little ones we had to guard our ones with our lives just to get them to safety on the side of the road where our bags were dumped as the public walked through them and around them.so to the check in we are a family of 6 we paid for 2adjoining rooms city view only to be told we had been split up and to boot put on separate floors when we explained what we had paid for the lovely gentleman behind the counter said the hotel does not have adjoining rooms but we can put you on the same floor only one room will be city view and the other room ocean view thats all they had available at the time and that we had to pay an extra $15 per night for the ocean view room.ok now the rooms my room was the city view room when I opened the door I was shocked I couldn't believe how small the room was you literally open the door and there's the bed the bench top that the tv was sitting wasn't wiped down you could see cup rings left behind from the last lot of people I went straight to the sliding door opened it our balcony was on top of the roof we were greeted with cigarette butts a paper coffee. Cup and a sock strewn outside.as for the bathroom 2people can't be in it at the same time you have to do the shimmy if there was 2of you in there it's soooo small,the shower box is so small it's roughly the same width as the toilet in a aeroplane or I couldn't even stretch my arms out to my side it's that pokey,this room is so small personally myself its only good for a couple not a family,i did ask if I could get a refund at reception so we could move on but it would of been a lengthy process....staff were friendly even the lady working behind the activities counter who was using a handheld mirror and tweezers To pluck her eyebrows when I was there to purchase tickets was very helpful......just saying...so to ask if I'd return to this hotel ....no I will not return.

• Stayed May 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Older Waikiki hotel with circular motif. Layout is unusual as hotel doesn't have a lobby. Chech in is done with a person sitting in a small booth behind bullet proof glass. Our experience started badly when we were told that our reservation was for two days earlier. I showed the clerk the receipt from Hotwire on my phone (w/ today's date), however this wasn't accepted. I placed a call to Hotwire and the hotel reluctantly acknowledged the reservation.
The rooms, beds and bathrooms are small. There are small balconies and a large sliding glass door, but there isn't any privacy because of so many adjacent condos and hotels. The rooms were clean and included the basics. Service wasn't that great. For example, I phoned the front desk to ask for the Internet password and was told I had to come downstairs to get it.
There is a lot of noise around this hotel. You will pay a "resort fee" to stay here, in addition to the room charges and taxes. When I asked about this, I was told it covered things like Internet. I don't see any association between a resort and Internet access. This hotel doesn't offer any services I would associate with a resort.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Syd Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked this place to stay for 6 nights in October 2012. I had read the positive reviews and thought that it would be a great budget place to stay in with my boyfriend. This place is more suited to backpackers or similiar. The hotel location is great.. right infront of the beach. The reception & lifts smell like eggs because there is a place called 'eggs & things' next door :(
Our room was extremely small and there was just the 2 of us. The bathroom & shower is really really small. The airconditioner is SO loud. The beds & pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. My boyfriend is 5'11 and his feet were hanging off the end of the bed! We laugh about it now but it was not good at the time. If your staying in Hawaii, stay somewhere really nice! We stayed at the Hyatt last year and we wanted to save money this year so we stayed here at the Aston but decided it is not worth it, just pay the additional $70 per night for a nicer room!! Oh and watch out for the $10 per night 'amenity fee'

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!